Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

other conversion companies besides Westy and AW?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

there's Westy and Adventurewagen. other conversion companies ?
9.5isCanadian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

You mean engine conversion?

Bostig
Small Car
FAS
H2OVanagon
Busaru
Kennedy
come to mind.
I know there's more but others will chime in.

1987 Getaway Hightop
1980 Sunroof Vanagon
2018 BMW R Nine T
2012 Golf tdi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

ASI
Reimo
Dormobile
GetAway
Country Homes
Sportsmobile

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
clift_d
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Some UK converters:

Devon
Holdsworth
Autohomes
Danbury
Karmann
Viking
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Continental Pleasure Craft by Viking Industries and/or Mark III Vanagon

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Country Homes converted Vanagons in the US and still supports parts

https://countryhomescampers.com/
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

clift_d wrote:
Some UK converters:

Devon
Holdsworth
Autohomes
Danbury
Karmann
Viking

Ive been looking these up. Amazing someone should make a birdwatching style check off book. Wish I could find some better pictures of each of these amazing interiors.
greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

I'll post some links as I check out some of these conversions: here is youtube of the Devon 84 Moonraker

Link

greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Link

greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Link

greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Link

greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Donny is just a name the guy made up. This one has some cool ideas.

Link

ZsZ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

browse here:
http://www.vwpix.org/archiv/index_en.htm

http://www.vwpix.org/T3/Prospekte/index.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Link

greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

http://www.danburymotorcaravans.com/models/modeltype.aspx?modelID=1&modeltypeID=7

360 degree of Danbury interior.
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

Here's some shots from an Autohomes hightop we rented in Scotland:

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

photogdave wrote:

I think that stove sink setup is a great set up. I might ultimately replace my west stove with something like that and have the stove be removable for picnic table coffee in the morn. Thanks.
photogdave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

greggarthurevans wrote:

I think that stove sink setup is a great set up. I might ultimately replace my west stove with something like that and have the stove be removable for picnic table coffee in the morn. Thanks.

It was sure nice to have a broiler to make cheese toasties! Cool

My Westy Movies:
photogdave On Vimeo
photogdave On YouTube

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

I was in love with this arrangement before I even realized there was a broiler. Perhaps it's the low cab diet talking but I don't think I can live without a Vanagon broiler. Can you explain the set up? It the burner also the broiler and you just put stuff under it. or is the broiler somewhere that I cant see?
greggarthurevans
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: other conversion companies besides Westy and AW? Reply with quote

photos and Video of Cambee interior very cool!

http://www.cambee.co.uk/maisie.html
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: