Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Zwitter Wiper Motor
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Chambers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Zwitter Wiper Motor Reply with quote

I have a Zwitter SWF wiper motor for my 1952 Zwitter that does not work. When power is applied the contact points close but the motor does not turn. When I took off the cover to clean/lube the armature and gear, I noticed the copper brush band at the bottom is broken. Does any one have parts for or repair this style of SWF wiper motor. It has three screw terminals that are marked + - and S. I searched the Samba adds and Forums. I found pictures for a 1953 motor which looks exactly like mine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Bob Pictures are in the Gallery
'63 OG 117

Last edited by Robert Chambers on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Terry Gaudet Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Zwitter Wiper Motor Reply with quote

Have you contacted Don West from West Coast Wipers? He advertises on here. He is the expert when it comes to anything wipers.

1950 Beetle Standard
1955 Canadian Custom
1956 Kombi w/SO23 kit
1965 Kombi walkthrough
1965 Double Cab
Zwitterkafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Zwitter Wiper Motor Reply with quote

Hi Robert,
I found one of those early brake bands; PM me your address and I can mail it to you.
Cheers,
Harvey.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: