Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1987 a/c wiring diagram
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormtroopervan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: 1987 a/c wiring diagram Reply with quote

I can't seem to find a diagram for my 1987 factory a/c. I don't have a Bentley manual at the moment. Can a nybody help me out with a wiring diagram and/or schematic? I have 4 wires hanging loose in my engine compartment, and the relay closest to the rear of the van is missing with all 4 wires cut. The condenser fan is rigged up to a switch under the dash. I just want to be able to power the compressor and not burn the van down.....right now there is a wire connected to the replacement compressor, but it's not engaging. PO was not an electrician.....
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1987 a/c wiring diagram Reply with quote

PIA to navigate, but it's something:

http://www.gmac999.com/Downloads/Bently_Manual_VW_Vanagon_1980-1991.pdf

- Dave

PS: Don't tell anybody... Twisted Evil

PPS: Buy a real Bentley ASAP...much easier to deal with... Rolling Eyes Wink Cool

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Farf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1987 a/c wiring diagram Reply with quote

Slightly used...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
stormtroopervan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: 1987 a/c wiring diagram Reply with quote

Great, thanks. I am terrible at reading wiring diagrams, but this at least gives me something to go on. The notes are perfect for what I'm trying to do, which is get 12 volts to the compressor clutch.

I really appreciate it!
stormtroopervan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: 1987 a/c wiring diagram Reply with quote

On a side note, is it just me or does the page numbering make zero sense? 97-134 is after 97-231, which comes just after page 25 of the self-service section which is about 200 pages into the middle of the manual. Section 97 comes before section 57.

Is there an art to finding the right section without flipping through every page? Maybe I'm the village idiot and too dense to realize it??
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1987 a/c wiring diagram Reply with quote

^^^ If you're asking about the PDF version, yeah it's definitely a PIA & that's
just the way it is. (Sometimes free online is free for a reason)... Evil or Very Mad

Pull out your wallet & pick up a pristine new Bentley ASAP...you'll love it! Cool

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: