Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"What is this wire connector" answer? Radio
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: "What is this wire connector" answer? Radio Reply with quote

Hello, both vans had molested factory stereo harnesses that I am working with. I have wired the stereo directly to the fusebox for the time being and don't have a stereo that uses the factory molded connector. In the picture below, I can't identify the T3 white connector. It is not the cigarette lighter plug connector. The stereo wiring in the Bentley manual for the 90 has a mistake and does not show this connector. It has constant power, a ground, and an instrument illumination lead. I had the dashboard out, but can't find a place to plug this in. It does go on to the dashboard courtesy light. Any takers? Can't seem to find the dashboard courtesy light in the diagram. 90 camper, was automatic, with factory air. Thank you. Mark

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Another "What is this wire connector" thread Reply with quote

It is a connector for a radio setup. It has been discussed here a few times.

It is shown on Bentley wiring diagram page 97.199 as connector T3, for an optional upgraded radio system.

Mark
MarkWard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Another "What is this wire connector" thread Reply with quote

Thank you Mark, I was looking in the 90 diagrams which I don't think showed it. Back to work.

edit: Mods, if this connector has been discussed multiple times go ahead and remove this thread if you like. Mark
T3 Pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Another "What is this wire connector" thread Reply with quote

Here is what I used it for....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8490300

The most important part in every vehicle is the nut behind the wheel......
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: