Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Gurn Blanston wrote:
How about people who throw cigarette butts out the windows of their cars? When I was young, I used to throw them back in at stoplights.

What makes you think that's smart? If you did that to me I'd kick seven colours of shit out of you.

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Gurn Blanston wrote:
To drag it back on track:

D.W.O. (Driving While Old). I think we've all seen them. Every corner of the car is adorned with a rainbow of paint from all the other cars they've hit-and-runned. Gouged down the full length of both sides, because once they hit something, they just kept going. It's painful to watch them park by braille, and to wear down the sidewalls of their tires faster than the treads, by grinding them up against curbs.

I kinda like Gurns posts. They show felicity of phrase and a good sense of humour if a bit sarcastic. I think I'd like Gurn if I met him. But fuck me, Gurn Blanston is such an asshole name. Rock on G.

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
ach60 wrote:
If you flash your lights at me, because I passed you, that's just fine.
I'll use traffic to box you in, slow down to the speed you were going when I passed you, or slower,
and hang you in that box until you get the point.

Um, that’s how the driver that’s been overtaken let’s the passer know that they’re clear of the front of their vehicle so the passer can safely merge back into the lane.

Yes you're correct,
Nope not even close to what the last asshole that pulled this shit on me, did.
I can tell the difference between someone being a courteous driver, and a complete dick.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Volks Wagen wrote:
Gurn Blanston wrote:
How about people who throw cigarette butts out the windows of their cars? When I was young, I used to throw them back in at stoplights.

What makes you think that's smart? If you did that to me I'd kick seven colours of shit out of you.

I got tired of having to explain to the police why that guy got out of his car at a stop light to start a fist fight that I finished.

And then I started thinking, if one of them pulled a gun, then I'd be having to explain to a jury why some guy got out of his car to start a gunfight that I finished.

Just not worth the hassle...

Last edited by Gurn Blanston on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Stopped at an intesection, in left turn lane, watched a toyota truck collide with a Prius, right in the kisser.
One was turning left and other going straight, and I assume the light just went red. Conditions overcast.
Prius was grey, middle-age lady driver, airbag deployed, looked ok.
The approx 1988 truck was black, tall kid driving wearing camo pants, two big dogs in the back. He was rubbing his left shoulder.
It seemed the dogs saw the what was going to happen before the driver, and braced for impact, and seemed to be fine.

Fact is dogs probably have better vision.
I think it's very rude of these citizens to paint their cars dark colors and drive in overcast conditions without lights on, because it is very annoying when they block up the intersections by colliding.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Gurn Blanston wrote:
Volks Wagen wrote:
Gurn Blanston wrote:

I got tired of having to explain to the police why that guy got out of his car at a stop light to start a fist fight that I finished.

And then I started thinking, if one of them pulled a gun, then I'd be having to explain to a jury why some guy got out of his car to start a gunfight that I finished.

Just not worth the hassle...

I'd be honored to have you throw a butt back at me!
Why not just run away, are you handicapped?

I have a good one for you. My buddy drives a tow truck. Light turned green and car in front didn't notice, guys on his cell phone,.....so he waited a few seconds, then hit the horn very briefly. It's an air horn.
The guy does a jerk reaction, and throws his phone out the window into opposing traffic. apparently guy is pissed about this, and follows my buddy for half a mile.
When confronted my buddy stays cool and just says the truth, which is, sorry man but that's just what kind of horn the truck has and I hit it as lightly as I could. Maybe you should keep your window rolled up when using the phone?
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

This ^^ is awesome!

I think my latest anecdotal examples come not from specific auto makers' drivers, but their proximity to a Dutch Bros. Coffee Drivethru.

For those in inferior parts of the country- Dutch Bros.Coffee, based in Medford, OR with locales only around the NW- spanks the whole milk out of Starbucks. To be a respected regular is akin to Knighthood, But I digress.

People on a mission for their morning fix anywhere near a Dutch Bros. have become the most self-serving and ignorant group of drivers. And are mostly populated by distracted morons with no knowledge of the spatial requirements of their vehicles. These drivers block the sidewalks, stop in line blocking adjacent roads and leave a couple car lengths of space ahead of themselves. They leave their headlights on and shower all in front of them with LED gamma rays. They take out the drive-up serving window ledge and curb themselves over active sprinklers. The folks at DB get a kick out of these clownshoes- they provide the entertainment for the morning shift.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Tractor trailer jockies that from the slow lane notices you in the passing lane passing and as you come up on him decides to make sure no one will exceed the speed limit so he pulls out in front of you to box you in behind.
I suppose if you spend your day grinding along at 65 you need to entertain yourself, but what a dick way to do so.
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
Tractor trailer jockies that from the slow lane notices you in the passing lane passing and as you come up on him decides to make sure no one will exceed the speed limit so he pulls out in front of you to box you in behind.
I suppose if you spend your day grinding along at 65 you need to entertain yourself, but what a dick way to do so.

I've seen a lot of truck drivers (and not just tractor-trailer drivers) chancing a ticket for driving in the left lane when they know they're not supposed to, but I've never seen one do it to force someone else to slow down.

What I do see quite often, is a tractor-trailer rig doing 55 mph, getting passed by a tractor-trailer rig doing 56 mph, and people get stuck behind the second one for several miles while he completes his pass.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Gurn Blanston wrote:
my59 wrote:

I've seen a lot of truck drivers (and not just tractor-trailer drivers) chancing a ticket for driving in the left lane when they know they're not supposed to, but I've never seen one do it to force someone else to slow down.

What I do see quite often, is a tractor-trailer rig doing 55 mph, getting passed by a tractor-trailer rig doing 56 mph, and people get stuck behind the second one for several miles while he completes his pass.

Yup------that really sucks when they do that on a two-lane road. Evil or Very Mad
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

hitest wrote:

People on a mission for their morning fix anywhere near a Dutch Bros.

Yeah I can confirm, they actually stop in the road if the line goes out the lot, even though it's 45mph speed limit no shoulder:shock:

The caffeine addicts stopping in the road was such a danger to human safety that something had to be done....but what?
The city did the only thing they could think of.... and
A Starbucks went up one block away.

Addition is a terrible thing!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

modok wrote:
hitest wrote:

People on a mission for their morning fix anywhere near a Dutch Bros.

Addition is a terrible thing!

It was my understanding that there would be no math.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
For those in inferior parts of the country- Dutch Bros.Coffee, based in Medford, OR with locales only around the NW- spanks the whole milk out of Starbucks.

Again to digress from the grousing in this thread: I was spending about $900 a year on Starbucks until I retired and decided I could not spend that kind of money any more. Now this is my morning coffee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhldSr-jZxY

Keep your money in your pocket where it belongs!

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
jwp67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

79SuperVert wrote:
hitest wrote:
For those in inferior parts of the country- Dutch Bros.Coffee, based in Medford, OR with locales only around the NW- spanks the whole milk out of Starbucks.

Again to digress from the grousing in this thread: I was spending about $900 a year on Starbucks until I retired and decided I could not spend that kind of money any more. Now this is my morning coffee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhldSr-jZxY

Keep your money in your pocket where it belongs!

That thing is pretty dang cool! I don't do starbucks, but for the last 15 years I have had the same french press I use every morning. It makes a great pot of coffee every morning and will last as long as I do.

We should have a coffee thread!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

I ll start, i drink whatever is on sale at the supermarket. Have cut back to 1/2-3/4 cup / day . Rates a ten to ninety on rate coffe .com
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

x2 for a Coffee thread. I've always drank Folgers/Yuban etc black. Wifey bought a new Keurig & all the coffees are too strong to drink black? I've taken to adding Irish Cream to make them drinkable. I'm finishing off boxes of San Francisco Bay french roast & Kirkland Pacific Bold dark roast. We're gonna try a milder breakfast blend next box to see if I can drink it black. Mocha coffee is good for a treat! Cool
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Back on topic , worst drivers are those Canadian cyclists who feel that single file on state roads only applies to U.S. citizens.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

Dunkin Donuts, at my desk, brewed in my favorite Proctor Silex one-button. Smile

To add to the 'people who don't think about anyone but themselves category: people who sit at the curb at night, facing the wrong way, with their headlights on. How hard is it to just leave the parking lights on?
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Back on topic , worst drivers are those Canadian cyclists who feel that single file on state roads only applies to U.S. citizens.

Share the road!

Ct changed the law so that cars can cross the yellow line to go around cyclists. Now the folks who ride in a peloton will take up a whole lane and bitch out cars that pass too close. Nothing like brake checking em. The eyes get real big when they realize they are going to rear end a car. We all know that the person who rear ends is in the wrong...

Thing that pisses me off is I ride solo, stay to the right, and have respect for physics.

Coffee? Cafe Bustello!
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The official real anecdotal automobile stereotype thread Reply with quote

scottyrocks wrote:
Dunkin Donuts, at my desk, brewed in my favorite Proctor Silex one-button. Smile

Fixed it for ya!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: