Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky Mountain Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:
That isn't quite it, that is a round pin connector, not a flat pin one.

Mark

"Here you go. In stock and ready to ship. Although I can't confirm it is exact"

This might be it?

https://www.vancafe.com/161971990A-p/161971990a.htm
[email protected]

The Splitzgauer build (when I have time to work on it and update the thread)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=497133
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

It needs 2 beveled corners and takes 2 small flat pins.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Mark
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

This it?

That's the part number in the pic.

The boot (protective cap) is 447919141 in the parts catalog.

2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Yes, as I said, the individual bits are available and common to many older VW/Audi vehicles.
What I'm attempting here is to get someone to offer a fully assembled splice-in wiring pigtail kit.
When I buy a replacement Syncro fuel tank sender because the contacts on the old one have corroded away, I'd like to put a complete new end on the wiring to match it.
Not just a bag of bits to attach to old corroded wires, an assembly with new wire pigtails already attached.
The same pigtail would work for the even more common corroded coolant level sensor harness.
Corrosion tends to work its way up the wires and after cutting some wire off back to a cleaner spot the wires may be too short so extra new wire is helpful. Also if you can't cut far enough back to find clean wire inside you may have to revisit the splices sooner than you hope and having to replace generic splices is much better than having to source and replace the VW connector pins again.

Yes, I'm fully capable of sourcing my own loose bits and installing them but that isn't what I talking about HERE.

The closest thing I've seen so far is a UK vendor's product, but it is just a bag of loose bits, nice as they may be.

Mark
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Right, I know that.

I'm merely attempting to provide the vendors, like RMW who posted above, the correct part number for that specific connector so that they, you know, can perhaps source a bunch of them and put together a replacement kit. Rolling Eyes
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Thank you. I already provided the numbers I have to the vendor who expressed interest.

Mark

kamzcab86 wrote:
Right, I know that.

I'm merely attempting to provide the vendors, like RMW who posted above, the correct part number for that specific connector so that they, you know, can perhaps source a bunch of them and put together a replacement kit. Rolling Eyes
syncro surf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

kamzcab86 wrote:
This it?

That's the part number in the pic.

The boot (protective cap) is 447919141 in the parts catalog.

Where do these two parts come from? - I'd be happy enough to get the connector and the boot and make my own pigtail. That would be much better than the two individual spade connectors that I'm using now Smile
Mellow Yellow 74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

crazyvwvanman wrote:
I don't know why some Vanagon vendor doesn't step up and sell this connector setup for repairs.

Probably because the parts are available and most people are able to assemble the parts themselves?
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

And yet they are so keen to offer similar items that one might say the same about. For example:

https://www.vancafe.com/category-s/4715.htm

Mark

Mellow Yellow 74 wrote:
crazyvwvanman wrote:
I don't know why some Vanagon vendor doesn't step up and sell this connector setup for repairs.

Probably because the parts are available and most people are able to assemble the parts themselves?
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

kamzcab86 wrote:
the correct part number for that specific connector so that they, you know, can perhaps source a bunch of them and put together a replacement kit. Rolling Eyes

don't bother trying to help....because evidently even though the p/n of the parts is known, buying the correct female pins and a proper F crimp tool is just far to much to ask to make these at home.

o/p...
would you like the tool p/n and the pin p/n as well? because I love to breastfeed info to guys that just don't want to listen....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Don't be your usual jackass. This was a legit request to the vendors for a legit part that frequently needs attention.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Why not see if "thatvwbusguy" wants to do it? He does headlight pigtails and other things...

Hans
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

I have all the parts and tools in hand already, been building harnesses for decades, even as part of my former professional electronics career. I am trying to get a Vanagon supplier to add a valuable and needed part for everyone to have available, its as simple as that. I recently stocked up on the pins and looked for the shells from somewhere other than VW parts channels. It is a common and much needed part, we shouldn't have to scrounge for it. If one of our vendors can make a few bucks and make some customers happy, great. I have my own supply covered for now.

Mark

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
kamzcab86 wrote:
the correct part number for that specific connector so that they, you know, can perhaps source a bunch of them and put together a replacement kit. Rolling Eyes

don't bother trying to help....because evidently even though the p/n of the parts is known, buying the correct female pins and a proper F crimp tool is just far to much to ask to make these at home.

o/p...
would you like the tool p/n and the pin p/n as well? because I love to breastfeed info to guys that just don't want to listen....
thatvwbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

I will see if I can source the connector. I'm thinking that a repair kit with a 6" pigtail and a couple heat shrink butt connectors would be the way to go.

Mark, please PM me some specs and I will see what I can find.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dhaavers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Attaboy, Jay...our new favorite!

Very Happy Wink

- Dave

<EDITED TO PROTECT INNOCENT PIXELS>
thatvwbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Connector sourced. Now the wait for samples to come in begins..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
Don't be your usual jackass. This was a legit request to the vendors for a legit part that frequently needs attention.

yes....usual jackass....who said call vw, get the connector and pigtail

the repair wires have the ends crimped right on them. no need for anyone to waste time trying to make them...or try to sell them. you'll be in and out of the dealer for <10.00

so to sit there and spend the time to do it, market it, and try to make any money is a losing proposition...

so why bother making them when you can open 2 bags, cut the repair wire in 1/2 and clip it into the connector? takes 2 seconds...

work smarter....not harder

and....here is a nifty little vw fun fact... all repair harnesses are yellow to show they have been repaired at one point. #themoreyouknow

jackass or helpful? you decide....

with love,

skills

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
crazyvwvanman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

The local VW dealer list price for the parts to make the pigtail with boot is $29, with tax $31

For that I get to drive 15 minutes each way, order it, come back a few days later.
Or I can mail order it from that local dealer for another $10 shipping making it $41
In either case if I am not positive of the part numbers needed it may take some time for them to look them up for my 35 year old van. If wrong, then what, try again, eat them?

I can find it for a little less on the web from distant VW dealers who discount.

I also have a pile of those yellow wired VW repair pins like in your photo. Had most of them many years, waiting for a sudden need, most will never get used. Some of them now cost close to $30 for a single wire with 2 ends.

Mark
thatvwbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Vendors please help, we need this 2 pin connector! Reply with quote

Repair connector kits are now available for $8.50 including shipping via First Class Mail in the US. I have about a dozen currently in stock and more on the way.

Kit includes beveled connector with 10" wires and a pair of Molex PermaSeal butt connectors with heat shrink and internal adhesive.

I have the following wire colors in stock and can set them up with whatever color combination you would like: Red, Black, Yellow, White, Brown, Green, Purple, Blue, Orange, Pink, Light Green, Tan, Grey.

Payment via PayPal to [email protected]

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: