Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

quote formatting for signiture line?
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: quote formatting for signiture line? Reply with quote

Am I the only one on here that can't figure out how to format a quote in my signature line? I just realized I've been displaying BBCode for the last two weeks… Embarassed

I've tried multiple Samba and Google searches to figure out why only my signature is funky, but I can't figure it out.

Will trade VW work for tech help,
Robbie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: quote formatting for signiture line? Reply with quote

the quotes that you're using are a different ascii value, copy paste a different quote instead of what you used on your keyboard

You have: ”
I have: "

You might be able to see the difference on your mac'n'trash. Twisted Evil

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
airschooled
Air-Schooled

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: quote formatting for signiture line? Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
the quotes that you're using are a different ascii value, copy paste a different quote instead of what you used on your keyboard

You have: ”
I have: "

You might be able to see the difference on your mac'n'trash. Twisted Evil

Oh that actually makes sense. I guess the BB code for signatures isn’t as forgiving as posts; I type tags manually all the time and have never had an issue...

Boo hoo!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: quote formatting for signiture line? Reply with quote

I fixed it for you with
Code:
[quote="sunnydog"]...the sliding door is the party entrance...[/quote]

It looks like it still didn't "quote" it though.

Sometimes it doesn't work with the quotes, I've never figured out why but I think it has to do with other text being used in the signature.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Towel Rail
Horizontally Opposed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: quote formatting for signiture line? Reply with quote

That's interesting. Do you have "Always allow BBCode" checked in your Control Panel?

I was able to add a quote to my profile just now.

049 > 070 > 053 > 009
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: