Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure? Reply with quote

Hey! ...I'm so damn excited to share my new project I just scored!

I got this buggy from the same guy that I purchased the Fiat from...it has a 1959 title and it still uses the stock VW heater so cold winter driving is still available, how cool!

So, if you follow my Fiat buggy build then you know that I built a really nice 2234 aluminum block engine with dual Dellorto's and since going to a TDI power plant with the Fiat, I had no home to shove the 2234 into until now!...it's a Kellison T Roadster I believe but not 100% sure. ..I couldn't find anything on the DBA site that looks like mine. ...it is a PITA to get in and out of cuz the steering wheel doesn't come off...so I have a lot of plans to make this T-Roadster more enjoyable to drive...with out further a due.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

So, my plans for the 175 HP wheelie machine;
Strictly only street
New rims with wide street tires on all 4 corners
4" narrowed front balljoint front beam
Raise the rear transaxle 2"s, or maybe a IRS conversion
New adjustable pedals cuz my knee hits the dash reaching for the clutch, the PO was shorter than me.

Now believe this!...this body is sitting on a 1" body lift!...that's how low this car sits on the pan...I may have to redo the seats or lower the floor pan seat area...you sit kinda upright and I want a more laid back seat...also, to get in you have to lift up the top from the rear. ..it's hinged at the front of the windshield and has a funky hydraulic mechanized lever that controls a hydraulic cylinder that holds the top up until you release the lever...don't like it but love the overall look of the car. ..I do like the coverage from the sun with the top though...if the top was fixed in place it would be impossible to get in or out...the top will need a lot of glass work to fix and look right...I just need to find another method to holding it up while entering and existing. ..any thoughts?

Thanks for looking 😆
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure? Reply with quote

So no one here knows this body from Kellison? Think
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure? Reply with quote

Try search for "Kellison Super T", seems possible...

https://www.google.com/search?q=kellison+super+t&a...G7P-jiN0M:

Dale

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure? Reply with quote

Thanks Dale but my DBA search didn't find any matches with a dash that looks like mine Confused

From what I can find on Google, the company started up in 1969 (ball joint Era) which is why the kingpin front end was shortened to clear the body. ..it has huge spider cracks where the body has been rubbing on the LP front end, my plan is to install a BJ for better clearance and maybe narrowed a few inches for wider front tires.
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure? Reply with quote

Dale, you rock! Laughing

I clicked on the link you provided and I now know what Kellison I have. ..it's called a "Super T"

Thanks
VeeWeeman
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure? Reply with quote

If you look at the third pic you can see a boat style filler cap...when you open it to fuel up the cap hits the luggage rack and this makes it difficult to fuel up...so my thoughts are to relocate the fuel tank (probably custom made over and along the tunnel length) and relocate the filler to the nose of the car...my ideal is to make it look like a radiator fill and maybe a small ornament on the cap cuz I believe that the front of the T looks a little plain and boring...I was thinking about using aluminum along with walled baffling for fuel sloshing during take off. ..the tank dimensions would be the same width as the tunnel and just tall enough to fit under the body.

By removing the tank in the rear it would allow me to raise the swingaxle up in the rear to lower the car without getting negative camber, win, win!
Thanks for following Very Happy
veeweeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure? Reply with quote

Life always gets in the way. ..now I have to sell my buggy to help finance my other projects. ..the good news is that I get to build another motor. ..my best friend has a older single relief case that is in excellent condition, tight end play on the crank and very little side play on the rods...I'm going to build a Amazon 1641, meaning that I will be sourcing all my parts through Amazon. ..supplier's are empi, Appletree, AA and a few others. ..I will be also installing a set of 34 dual carbs to help with a little more power and maybe it will help me attract the right buyers that doesn't want a boring stock looking motor. ..as much as I really wanted to keep the car I already have too many. ..I will be back home around the first week of March. ..until then, keep driving those buggy's.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Kellison T Roadster? T Bucket buggy?...not sure? Reply with quote

I kinda like it!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: