Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need a Bra....
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

Q-Dog wrote:
I tow cars behind my RV, 4 wheels down. No trailer needed. The trailer is an unnecessary waste of time and resources and makes life in the RV much more complicated. I have also towed cars on a trailer behind my RV. I assure you, 4 wheels down is much easier, despite what you may think. Wink

You're confusing fact with your personal comfort level as it relates to your preference/choice of something that you're just more familiar with.

My car has a reverse gear, so I suspect it was probably designed to back up. Yes, it was designed to back up. It was not designed to be pushed backwards by a triangulated tow bar that allows the tow vehicle to impart lateral loads into the front of the towed vehicle.

Quote:
So, this is reality and not just something I read on the internet. OK? We sometimes need to back up when towing cars behind our RV. Sometimes we unhitch, but sometime we just get in the tow'd and steer while we back up. It works, in spite of what you have read on the internet. We try not to get into that situation, but sometimes people may park in front of us or we find we have no choice but to get into a tight spot ... and we do what we have to, to get out. We don't argue about it, or check the internet to make sure it is OK. One of us hops in the tow'd, the other drives the rig. We do what we have to do and get back on the road.

Please get out there and do stuff instead of just reading about it on the internet. Laughing

Not sure what you mean by that- I have towed many different cars, trailers, and cars on trailers, behind many different vehicles, for nearly 40 years.

Quote:
A bra to protect the front of the tow'd is much cheaper than a trailer

I think this is REALLY what it comes down to for you, and for anyone else that chooses a tow bar over a trailer- a tow bar appears cheaper at first glance. But it's not really less expensive. A paint job costs more than a trailer, and the OP is asking about a car bra, because his paint job is being damaged by the way he's choosing to tow his car. If it were on (or in) a trailer, his paint job would be fine, and he wouldn't be putting all those miles on his car, dragging it behind his motorhome.

Link
[/youtube]
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

Link

Ooh look, I can do that too. What does it have to do with what the OP asked?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Go braless

Just saw this thread. When I saw the title I wondered how long it would take for Mr. Bill to post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:

Link

Ooh look, I can do that too.

Not sure what your point is- all six tires on that trailer are visibly inflated, and the fire started inside the trailer, not outside.

From the Arlington Cardinal news article about this incident:

"...he stopped and saw heavier white smoke coming out of the trailer..."

http://www.arlingtoncardinal.com/2012/08/chevy-cam...-car-show/
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

wcfvw69 wrote:
hitest wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1877190

And just to help kickstart the carnage on the hood paint, this seller has laid his bra down on the gravel. Classy.

Speaking of classy. Nice post. Rolling Eyes

Sorry Bill- I swear I didn't even notice you were plugging your own sale. Now get that thing up off the ground you big silly Wink

Really though- it won't fit an early car.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

how about the clear perspex type of guard that mounts on the front bumper?

https://picclick.co.uk/VW-beetle-bouncer-stone-guard-183314443776.html#&gid=1&pid=3
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

The 3M clear bra is a great suggestion. Not cheap, but they last for a decade or more if parked outside and can handle some pretty big impacts. Nice thing is zero maintainance. We have them on a couple cars, and on the headlamps and aux lamps.
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

IdahoDoug wrote:
The 3M clear bra is a great suggestion.

See through bras are a favorite, especially with the high beams on.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

my59 wrote:
IdahoDoug wrote:

Cusser? That you?
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Need a Bra.... Reply with quote

Bob Loblaw wrote:
my59 wrote:
IdahoDoug wrote:

Cusser? That you?

No, not me. And I doubt that the administrator will permit me to post a photo of a gal in a see-through or sheer bra. So many gals especially in USA apparently like to hide the fact that nipples even exist.....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297

Last edited by Cusser on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: