Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front table leg
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBL74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Front table leg Reply with quote

I am getting ready for traveling and camping and I am missing the leg to the front table of my Vanagon. They appear to be back-ordered when I check with the usual vendors. Does anyone have a front leg that they would be willing to part with?

steve
calo1956
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

I did find one in the classified, but it comes with the table, and was in Cali...
SBL74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

Yes I saw that as well. But I have a new table, so I don't need the whole thing.

Thanks.

Surely there is one out there somewhere......

steve
jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

The same question was posted in July. It's not easy to find folks who will break up the set. I use the table by resting it on the drivers seat and I leave the leg at home. Good luck!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=434656&view=next

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

You may want to buy a set and then sell off the table separately.

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
dabaron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

dobryan wrote:
You may want to buy a set and then sell off the table separately.

there are vendors who sell the components individually as well. there comes a point when waiting and doing without means you really don't need it.

i have a large cooler and that will be my table for the long term since mechanical issues always win the wallet.

BiWerks Design, LLC
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

I've actually got one I would part with. It is brand new and is the one that Gowesty makes. I ordered it from Busdepot and it came from Gowesty so I think that is the only aftermarket one made.

I don't like it as much as the original. The quality is not quite as good as the Original Grey table leg, and it is not painted either but if you want it let me know. It would cost whatever they cost from vendors plus shipping, so no super deal but I have one if you do want it.

Dave
Michael4104
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

What year is your van? When asking a question, you will get better answers if we knows what you have.
There are different legs, some with big holes and some with little holes. Later models have the small hole. Maybe 85 & up??
SBL74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

jimf909 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

davevickery wrote:
I've actually got one I would part with. It is brand new and is the one that Gowesty makes. I ordered it from Busdepot and it came from Gowesty so I think that is the only aftermarket one made.

I don't like it as much as the original. The quality is not quite as good as the Original Grey table leg, and it is not painted either but if you want it let me know. It would cost whatever they cost from vendors plus shipping, so no super deal but I have one if you do want it.

Dave

Like manna from heaven!

Abscate wrote:
Do not get killed, do not kill others.

Current: 1990 Westy Camper - Bostig RG4, 2wd, manual trans w/Peloquin, NAHT high-top, 280 ah LFP battery, 160 watts solar, Flash Silver, seam rust, bondo, etc., etc.

Past: 1985 Westy Camper - 1.9 wbx, 2wd, manual trans, Merian Brown, (sold after 17 years to Northwesty who converted it to a Syncro).
dgbeatty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

Are you still looking for one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBL74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

Yes I am.

I tried to PM you but am having some trouble getting it through. Do you have one?

steve
dgbeatty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

Try my email d period beatty @ gmail period com. I have an OE that is power coated "bay gray" the color very closely matches the aged good of the stove panel, my interior is mostly powder coated this color. It looks very nice and well maintained but not obviously redone. I also have a GoWe$ty reproduction as delivered.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SBL74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

Email sent to that address.

steve
SBL74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

dgbeatty,

did you get my email?

Steve
SBL74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

Never heard from him, so while at the hardware store I saw chain link fence things. The elbow and a 5 foot piece of 1 3/8" fence top rail and that was all that was needed. The cheap bolts stripped, so I found what worked in the garage.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I did have to use a sledge hammer to get the end flattened. So, after I paint it, I think that will be sufficient.

steve
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Front table leg Reply with quote

Good job!

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: