Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Insurance?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
timcurtis67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Insurance? Reply with quote

MrGoodtunes wrote:
Rally gave me an unbelieveably low quote along with paperwork to re-title my buggy as a Beatle. WTF? I wrote back explaining it's not a Beatle anymore and re-sent the pic of my buggy. They did not respond.

Just call these guys, Great price and very easy to work with.

https://americancollectors.com
mackmix
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Insurance? Reply with quote

timcurtis67 wrote:
I got my buggy insured as a dune buggy through American Collectors. Thanks for the tip Len.

I got $11,000 agreed coverage for $154.85 per year. They seem like nice people to deal with.

I have everything with library mutual, but they don't insure buggies Crying or Very sad , so I called farmers, who would charge me 100.00 per month Rolling Eyes after reading this post, I called American collectors. I mentioned this rate of 157.00 / 11,000 coverage as of 2018, and was told that they've made changes to the buggy policy. Basically it's twice that amount and half of the value. $259.00 per year and agreed coverage of 5k. Apparently because that's what I paid for it. I guess I can update that once I've got it painted and dialed in. But seems to me it shouldn't matter how much you pay for a vehicle as what it's actually worth... IDK anyhow it's cheaper than 100.00 a month from farmers.
Lambretta Race Bike #14 RIP
Find yourself!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jbsx127
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Insurance? Reply with quote

I use American on my manxter. $395 a year, 20k agreed value. I think it's 2500 mile yearly limit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pajero
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Insurance? Reply with quote

jbsx127 wrote:
I use American on my manxter. $395 a year, 20k agreed value. I think it's 2500 mile yearly limit.

You should check with State Farm. My Manxter is about $220 a year with a stated value of $30k, and no mileage limits.
jbsx127
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Insurance? Reply with quote

Pajero wrote:
jbsx127 wrote:

You should check with State Farm. My Manxter is about $220 a year with a stated value of $30k, and no mileage limits.

Stated value is different. The adjuster will determine the actual value and you'll get paid whichever is less, your 30k or the adjusters value.

Agreed value is an agreement between parties if totaled, they will pay the agreed value, or pay to fix up to the agreed value.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark.konney@alliedprintin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Insurance? Reply with quote

We have our home and auto insurance with AAA.

They wrote the policy for our Manx.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: