Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rare Type 3 Accessories
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 127, 128, 129  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nos64notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Here are the rears I have, I can not find any info on these but I had thought they were Swedish.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

As far as I know they are. And Id have to say the ones you have are harder to find than the old OG front ones you want. Laughing

For the others.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1999324

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

On page one of this thread there was discussion of a "rarest mother of all Type 3 accessories.. front bonnet deco trim". Not sure if this is one in the same, but I've never seen or heard mention of this piece until recently. Mr. nos64notch posted it to Facebook, and I scooped it up from him.

Presumably this piece was made by Perohaus for early Type 3s or N models without the factory hood handle. Check out that Bakelite handle insert! Its held in place by locating it over the two pins that are cast into the chrome piece and stays secured when mounted to the hood.

Kais Collection Premium Member
vintage treasures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:

Wow!

Kai's Collection - vintage treasures
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:
On page one of this thread there was discussion of a "rarest mother of all Type 3 accessories.. front bonnet deco trim". Not sure if this is one in the same, but I've never seen or heard mention of this piece until recently. Mr. nos64notch posted it to Facebook, and I scooped it up from him.

Presumably this piece was made by Perohaus for early Type 3s or N models without the factory hood handle. Check out that Bakelite handle insert! Its held in place by locating it over the two pins that are cast into the chrome piece and stays secured when mounted to the hood.

WOW, that's different. I definitely haven't seen that before. Cool
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Super cool. Never seen it.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacco Verveer Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

scored this NOS fader sadly no box

Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:

i have this it is made by happich packaging says universal 36cm long? what is the lenght off your trim?

Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Nice. It looks like yours has some sort of decorative ribbing on the front edge. Or is that a reflection? Not sure on length of mine. It's at the metal shop with my car at the moment. Looks the same as mine though.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:
Nice. It looks like yours has some sort of decorative ribbing on the front edge. Or is that a reflection? Not sure on length of mine. It's at the metal shop with my car at the moment. Looks the same as mine though.

Yes it has ribbing
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

For her pleasure.
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
For her pleasure.

Someone had to say it.. Embarassed
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Scored my second set of Bert3 drop spindles. This being set #31 from his first run. I also have set #28 which I ran for about 7k miles on my notchback, until I swapped for Old Speed spindles. Only because I wanted Wilwood brakes. In my opinion, the Bert3 spindles are far superior being one piece and not welded. Love them.

pitargue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:
Scored my second set of Bert3 drop spindles. This being set #31 from his first run. I also have set #28 which I ran for about 7k miles on my notchback, until I swapped for Old Speed spindles. Only because I wanted Wilwood brakes. In my opinion, the Bert3 spindles are far superior being one piece and not welded. Love them.

Oh wow. Color me jealous. I really want a set but haven't been fortunate enough to come upon a set for sale...
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:

Wanna sell them?

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Critter1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Wanna sell them?

No sir.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

these are for type 3 as well right? do not see to many

overrider rubber impact strip
BSQUARE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Critter1 wrote:

Nice!

I have set #010 sitting in my basement, still unused.

pitargue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

BSQUARE wrote:

Nice!

I have set #010 sitting in my basement, still unused.

Does this mean you want to sell them? If so, I'm interested. Smile
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Rare Type 3 Accessories Reply with quote

Jacco Verveer wrote:
these are for type 3 as well right? do not see to many

overrider rubber impact strip

Yes. They are kinda universal. They make them still as a repop for bays - but they will fit other overriders of similar length.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 127, 128, 129  Next
Jump to:
Page 123 of 129

Jump to: