Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oval window at the National Motor Museum in Hampshire England
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Oval window at the National Motor Museum in Hampshire England Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We made a day-trip out of London to go see the Top Gear museum exhibit(s) and buy an official Top Gear "I am the Stig" T-shirt, but in the main museum, this oval window was there.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Oval window at the National Motor Museum in Hampshire England Reply with quote

I grew up along the coast from Beaulieu motor museum and was excited to go there as a boy to see the oval, a schwimmwagen and 'Schmitt tg500 they had (still have?). I can remember the smell of the museum - a mixture of dusty old oil/grease and car wax which today I find quite a sad smell as the exhibits just sit there.
still, not as bad as the new Riverside Museum in Glasgow where they mounted the cars on wall shelves Shocked the top one must be about 30 feet up so kids can't see inside the cars, which to me is the main point of exhibiting them...

http://www.48houradventure.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Riverside-Museum-Inside.jpg
Gurn Blanston
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Oval window at the National Motor Museum in Hampshire England Reply with quote

It was not a bad museum, but we weren't really there to see the museum, we were there to see the World of Top Gear. The Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust, the Reliant Robin space shuttle, the rocket-powered Mini, the Hover-Van, the campers of Hamster and Captain Slow, the caravan airship, the double-decker cars, the bikes from the Vietnam special, the indestructible Toyota pickup, the "Peniston Oils / Larsens Biscuits" black BMW endurance racer, the limos from the limo challenge, the amphibious vehicles, the Cool Wall, and of course the Stig.

Our favorite vehicle museums in Europe are Ferrari in Maranello, the Enzo Ferrari museum in Modena, the Maserati exhibits within the Enzo museum, Lamborghini in Sant'agata Bolognese, Ducati in Bologna, MV Agusta on the shores of Lake Varese, and Porsche in Stuttgart. We stopped at Pagani in San Cesario sul Panero on our way to Venice, but did not do their museum.
Kjell Roar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Oval window at the National Motor Museum in Hampshire England Reply with quote

Gurn Blanston wrote:

Our favorite vehicle museums in Europe are Ferrari in Maranello, the Enzo Ferrari museum in Modena, the Maserati exhibits within the Enzo museum, Lamborghini in Sant'agata Bolognese, Ducati in Bologna, MV Agusta on the shores of Lake Varese, and Porsche in Stuttgart. We stopped at Pagani in San Cesario sul Panero on our way to Venice, but did not do their museum.

Some said that the Moto Guzzi museum is the best motorcycle-museum, you dont agree?

My car, Aug. 4th, 1955 / an early 56: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=610438
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: