Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2009 T5 California elevating roof not working
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: 2009 T5 California elevating roof not working Reply with quote

I had a T5 California follow me home, this van was converted to Handicap capabilities in New Zealand and somehow made it to Sunny California.
It runs and drives but was neglected, the power top does not elavate and am looking for a long shot. If anyone has one of these and has any experience in the operation, now is the time to speak up.
To head off some possible questions. It’s a 5 cylinder diesel with a Tiptronic Auto. Vehicle is RHD. High spec van with Front,rear AC. Insulated side windows and all the goodies.
I have it for about 4 months, it will be going to England a permanent Vehicle for European holidays.

Stacy

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.

Last edited by 16CVs on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 2009 T5 California elevating roof not working Reply with quote

I assume those rams are fully electric and use some kind of Hall effect sensors to sync the two of them, overrun switches and then a logic controller to monitor the signals and control voltage inputs. Could be any of those functions.

You're more likely to find pertinent info from folks with actual experience with Trans models beyond the T4 over in England. I can't speak for others, but I've never even been in close proximity to a T5 or T6.

Post up pics of your cool new toy.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: