Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtchristopher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

The door buzzer switch on our '75 Westy works well. Just to be different does anyone know of any upgrade that may have a different sound. Better yet, something than may be programmable to play a message.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

The upgrade is to disconnect it Wink Or.........

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

anything's possibly with money

Link

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

Jinx, Skills owes me a coke Laughing

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
jtchristopher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

Hilarious and perfect. I'll try to explore that option later in the day.
Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
haggardrob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

I've heard door buzzers out of MK2/ MK3 golfs or jettas are maybe plug and play? and you can wire it up for keys out/headlights on reminder?

the info is out there....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wiscokid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

Quote:

I've heard door buzzers out of MK2/ MK3 golfs or jettas are maybe plug and play? and you can wire it up for keys out/headlights on reminder

I would love this! My first water-cooled was a 87 Jetta gli. That was the coolest door buzzer I have ever heard Very Happy
btripp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

I have a friend who has the same buzzer as his 85 jetta in his 78 bus. Works fine and sounds the same. He found it at a swap and it plugged right in.
Francoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

So my door buzzer was causing the engine to stumble and sometimes die. I have no idea how, but every time the engine was running and I opened the door, it would stumble badly. Today I finally pulled it out. It was annoying anyway.
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

I will have to look at the bus diagram....but on type 1, 3 and 4 cars....the door buzzer is just a two wire relay box that plugs into the fuze block. If its the same on type 2.....virtually any cound maker, horn, chime etc that runs on + and -.....should plug into those same contacts.

Ray
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement for the Door Buzzer Switch Reply with quote

Door buzzer? You mean there was one in the '79 once upon a time? Learn something new every day!
Now I have to see if it is still there, and connect to the light switch to remind me to turn them off.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: