Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Top heat exchanges - removal.
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BJT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Top heat exchanges - removal. Reply with quote

Has anyone put in an exhaust that removed, or didn’t have, the top smaller heat exchangers, but kept the heater boxes and ran the tubes from the fan shroud to the heater boxes? How much, if any, loss of heat is there from doing this?
mondshine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Top heat exchanges - removal. Reply with quote

The CSP (225 165) stainless steel heater hose fitting is the nicest solution to this I have ever seen.
I've had them on my car since installing a Vintage Speed exhaust.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Having seen the photo, it's obvious that the creative fabricator could just make these, however the price was reasonable for those who don't want to dick around with it.

I used my original VW band clamps on the heat exchanger ends because they are about an inch wide, and seemed to be more substantial than the clamps furnished with the CSP kit.

There is no appreciable loss of heat.

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C31-255-165-CSP
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BJT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Top heat exchanges - removal. Reply with quote

Those look perfect. I was going to just run the heater tubes all the way to the boxes, but these look like a better option. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: