Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

complete rubber kit
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
therusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: complete rubber kit Reply with quote

besides J #ugs where I could purchase a complete rubber kit in 1 go. As J #ugs wont ship outside US
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: complete rubber kit Reply with quote

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=372

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
therusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: complete rubber kit Reply with quote

I did order a few parts through them , besides C1p is there anyone else?
Sharp64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: complete rubber kit Reply with quote

West coast metric. Wolfsburg west.
“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.” - Michael Caine
smitty24
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: complete rubber kit Reply with quote

I would opt for WCM. Just installed a WW kit on my ‘56. Their quality is not what it once was. I installed the windows and seals myself with the deluxe metal trim. The rubber looks terrible on some of the windows. It not only seems to fit poorly in spots, but the rubber itself has odd molding marks and unevenness in various spots, almost like it got too hot and melted slightly in spots. I’ve used WCM on buses in the past and it was always the same consistent style and qaulity. The window grooves on my WW kit don’t seem deep enough either. I’m debating pulling it all back out and using WCM. When I first started buying from WW in 2003 or so, many if their products were superior to anything else in the aftermarket. The last few years I’ve seen some real changes from them and it isn’t good.
therusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: complete rubber kit Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestions .
bluebus86
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: complete rubber kit Reply with quote

West coast metric makes fantastic rubber parts, extreme high quality, they fit, and the rubber compound they use lasts. I have west coast metric vent window rubbers in my 61, I installed them near 30 years ago. no problems, still soft, pliable, no shinkage. they have so far lasted longer than the originals, and my 61 is no garage queen, lots of sun exposure.

beware, some vendors sell horrible rubber, poor fit, leaks, and rubber that rots out fast.

Bug On!

Stop introducing dirt into your oil when adjusting valves ... https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=683022
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: complete rubber kit Reply with quote

For the window rubber I agree- I lean slightly toward WCM.

I used rubber from both companies 6 years ago on my bug. I fought with the windshield big time, and wound up having to buy more rubber, and I got a WCM piece locally. It seemed to go in smoother.

The other seals (WW) are still fine (intact, supple, trim still fits tightly), but they do have a visible seam or two.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: