Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Interesting video. Anyone here own this bus?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Interesting video. Anyone here own this bus? Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/video/5-amazing-fa...vi-BBOwssT

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting video. Anyone here own this bus? Reply with quote

Considering how awful Jalopnik is with editorials about volkswagens, this was surprisingly decent.
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting video. Anyone here own this bus? Reply with quote

Jalopnik and Barnfinds are great sites, full of interesting cars of all types, but their comments are FULL of VW, and esp. bus, haters. Most of whom, naturally, don't know jack about busses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting video. Anyone here own this bus? Reply with quote

Z wrote:
Jalopnik and Barnfinds are great sites, full of interesting cars of all types, but their comments are FULL of VW, and esp. bus, haters. Most of whom, naturally, don't know jack about busses.

I occasionally read the BaT (Bring a Trailer) comments on auctions there and find the same thing, although some VW people post there too so their comments are usually more informed.

I wonder if it's the same for other car people when read the comments on vintage MGs or BMWs or Volvos or whatever.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Drew Ogden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting video. Anyone here own this bus? Reply with quote

I saw that orange bus driving around the Embarcadero in SF last year, along with the new electric prototype bus. I assume it is owned by VW. It has manufacturer plates on it...
Z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting video. Anyone here own this bus? Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Z wrote:

I occasionally read the BaT (Bring a Trailer) comments on auctions there and find the same thing, although some VW people post there too so their comments are usually more informed.

I wonder if it's the same for other car people when read the comments on vintage MGs or BMWs or Volvos or whatever.

It doesn't seem that ANY marque or model gets the level of straight B.S. that I see in the comments on busses. The occasional FIAT jab, or Lucas electrics commentary on Brit cars, but its all hands on deck when a bus comes up. The same guys who seem to applaud the prices of Hemi Mopars, etc., never tire of moaning on about every old falsehood about busses, and how those things make today's prices even crazier.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: