Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2021cc Bus Motor Cam Choice?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian_e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 2021cc Bus Motor Cam Choice? Reply with quote

I just checked a Web 218 a couple nights ago. Mine was .475" lift and 242deg. with soft checking springs on stock VW 1.1 rockers.

If your engine is for a bus, use the 218 in your 2007cc. It is a killer cam in smaller torque engines. The Web 218 is the new w110, but WAY better.

Brian
daos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2021cc Bus Motor Cam Choice? Reply with quote

Brian_e wrote:
The Web 218 is the new w110, but WAY better.

nice, i read that somewhere else too Smile

thx for the numbers, thats's something concrete to work with, though still quite different from .460". this is for a type 3, with 1.25 rockers. so could definitely work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2021cc Bus Motor Cam Choice? Reply with quote

Hey Kyle, hows this engine doing in your bus?
pacrat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: 2021cc Bus Motor Cam Choice? Reply with quote

I'd love to hear an update. How are you liking it?
1958ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 2021cc Bus Motor Cam Choice? Reply with quote

Sorry I hadn't seen the questions on how it is running! The thing runs amazing and I have had zero problems with it. It is nice and torquey and can lug down good or wind it out too! I did the R&P swap in order to retain my RGBs and now I can cruise down the freeway with no issues at 70mph. I changed the distributor out to the CB Magnaspark and that was a huge improvement too, runs nice and smooth...
k@rlos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 2021cc Bus Motor Cam Choice?z Reply with quote

An Engle FK7 with 1.4’s is lush in a bus motor.
Help Help
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2021cc Bus Motor Cam Choice? Reply with quote

How about an FK42 with 1.4's, panchitos and 8.5:1 CR?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: