Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stainless Pushrod Tubes
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
390nellie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

Which are the better quality stainless steel factory style pushrod tubes; the EMPI's available at JBugs or the polished ones of unknown brand from CIP1?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Deebs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=311109335

I have these. No complaints.
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

Me I don't care if they are stainless or not. Now, the "windage" style tubes that extend further into the block to prevent oil sloshing down them when driving into curves, I think those have value, regardless of whatever metal they are made out of. That is, if you ever drive aggressively. Me, I put that style into my Baja Bug.

IMAGE NOTE: It has been noted that Chrome based browsers may have issues in displaying my vast image library, which use non-secure links and are on an FTP server. Images should still be viewable if the link is clicked though.
I do not know how to fix this. All I can say is it all works fine for me with what I use, Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

I got mine from Gene Berg and installed them in 1990 on my 1904.. Here's a picture of 2016 on my 2180.

Yes, i reused them and just cleaned the outside with some steelwool.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
390nellie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I just don't want them to leak or rust.
sawed off
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

390nellie wrote:
Thanks guys. I just don't want them to leak or rust.
Remember to install with the seams UP.
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

I only use the big aluminum spring loaded tubes, no leek, no dents, no dings, no effing with them.no leeks.J Cee, empi, scat.
vwoldbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

You might look at CB performance tubes . Also the empi stainless & windage tubes are ok .
APPLEGREENVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

Some say stainless tubes don't expand as good as steel tubes. I recommend these. http://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/1557.htm
I also recommend painting them flat black.

02/76 Beetle sedan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
goober
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Stainless Pushrod Tubes Reply with quote

I like the stainless but it depends on what you plan to do with your Bug.

Stainless is more pricy but then they don't rust. My properly stretched steel OEM type tubes would weaken due to rust around the wrinkle and would lose some tension when reinstalling the heads.

And if you drive the winter in the North you might also want to consider stainless....anything that doesn't corrode due to road salt spray under the car is desirable.

Historically, the aftermarket stainless tubes I've gotten seem to have been made better than the plain steel. But I'm not sure of the quality they're making and selling today.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: