Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

terra tires?
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: terra tires? Reply with quote

curious how many people have had a buggy or baja with terra tires and run them on the road, how long did they last and howd they do on pavement?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mikedrevguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

For what purpose?
As an all the time thing?
As a way to get the car to cross the road?
Are Terras legal on road?
69 Bwajaja
"The wise speak because they have something to say; while the foolish speak because they have to say something." Plato

Illigitimi non-Carborundum!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

i thought i was asking the questions here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

loud as all heck on the road at reasonable speeds. Kinda suck on hard surfaces, especially when wet.

That said, they are one of the best tires for soft soil. On the dunes here in Michigan, they are second only to paddle tires. Work pretty darn good for trail riding as well.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
SamT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

They last a good while if only driven on the road here and there. Too heavy for my likings though. Lots of guys ran them when we rode the river, but I think I did just as well with some used tires I bought off a desert race team. They were like mud grips but soft, no brand on them just say “for racing purposes only”. I also had luck with “groovies” from denman implement. I ran them on lots of dirt roads and river rides as well as loaned them to several new duners
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546712
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

sounds about like when i ran super swampers on my truck years ago. deep snow, mud no problem, a little morning dew on the road and your in the ditch.
SamT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

richardcraineum wrote:
sounds about like when i ran super swampers on my truck years ago. deep snow, mud no problem, a little morning dew on the road and your in the ditch.

Yea I don’t believe any terra tires are made that are the appropriate ply/weight rating for a buggy. guys run just enough air to keep them on the beads but they are rock hard. Fine for hills and stuff, no good for sand.

My brother had a rail with a stockish 1641, he was gifted some ditch witch tires. 31x15.5-15. So we mounted them up and went to the river. A friend with some short and fat dirt track tires that were grooved heavily into a drag slick mud grip looking things ran circles around him.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546712
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

ive wondered how dirt track tires would work. not much tread depth but they are light and can hold up to racing youd think they'd be pretty tough
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

richardcraineum wrote:
ive wondered how dirt track tires would work. not much tread depth but they are light and can hold up to racing youd think they'd be pretty tough

There actually a pretty soft compound and dont last long on the street. Hell they dont even last that long on dirt track cars.
junior67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

I run Terra tires on my baja with a 1776 in sand. run great for me.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: terra tires? Reply with quote

Jr67 flip them for sand let the V be the little 'Paddle' Wink
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: