Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Blaupunkt Derby 660 in line fuse
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Blaupunkt Derby 660 in line fuse Reply with quote

I have from the day I got my bus had the bracket for a Derby radio. Just the other day I got a radio to replace the one the PO had gotten rid of. I didnt work when I put it in so I started tracing the wiring and found the in line fuse. It was burnt up. I went to three local stores to try and find a fuse but no luck. None of the fuses I found where the same diameter and therefore would not fit in the holder. Has anyone else had this problem/ Does anyone know a source that has every fuse in the world and might be able to help me?

Thanks
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Blaupunkt Derby 660 in line fuse Reply with quote

one percenter wrote:
I have from the day I got my bus had the bracket for a Derby radio. Just the other day I got a radio to replace the one the PO had gotten rid of. I didnt work when I put it in so I started tracing the wiring and found the in line fuse. It was burnt up. I went to three local stores to try and find a fuse but no luck. None of the fuses I found where the same diameter and therefore would not fit in the holder. Has anyone else had this problem/ Does anyone know a source that has every fuse in the world and might be able to help me?

Thanks

You might look here-- search for fuses

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

If it is a true in-line fuse (ie., spliced into the power line from the radio to the fusebox rather than part of the radio itself) why not just swap the old holder for a new one? Or is it in the radio itself? What kind of fuse do you think it takes? Ceramic like a VW or glass like an old American car?

Can you post a picture? I have tons of electronic parts catalogs and I'll be glad to hunt if I know what I'm looking for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks coad. Im at work today but will post some pics tommorow AM. It is an in line fuse on the one and only wire that runs from the bracket to the ignition switch and it is a glass fuse. I have thought about splicing in a new fuse holder but I am the second owner of this very original bus and I dont really like to change stuff, even wiring, if I can fix it like it is. I have tried to make out the number on the cap of the fuse and it is either T2/250 or T2/250E and it is aprx. 13/16 longand aprx. 3/16 diameter . I have tried searching webpages but had no luck. I will check out the one you posted though.
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

250 is probably the rated maximum voltage. "E" means it is a fast acting fuse (designed to blow very quickly). 2 is probably the rated amperage

Here are the standard fuse sizes:

SIZE
DIAMETER
LENGTH

1AG
1/4" (0.250")
5/8" (0.625")

2AG
- (0.177)
- (0.588)

3AG
1/4" (0.250")
1-1/4" (1.25")

4AG
9/32" (0.281")
1-1/4" (1.25")

5AG
13/32" (0.406")
1-1/2" (1.50")

7AG
1/4" (0.250")
7/8" (0.875)

8AG
1/4" (0.250")
1" (1.0")

So, measure yours again, guess which one fits your holder, then call a well equipped electric wholesaler and tell them what you need. A 2 amp/250 volt 7AG for example. They will know what you mean.

Good luck. I have a hunch this Derby may have come out of some weird British car and that may account for the odd fuse-- make sure you have it set for negative ground before you fire it up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again coad. I think the 7AG is the one I need after remeasuring. Im not sure about the origin of the fuse. I am the second owner of the bus and the original owners bought the bus in Germany and it has had the radio in it since day one. Well the bracket has been at least. The PO threw the original radio away saying it broke to often. The last time it "broke" it might have just blown a fuse and a perfectly good Blaupunkt Derby went in the trash. The bracket and wire/in line fuse are, for all i can tell, original equipment.

I will let you know how it turns out.
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works! I got a package of the correct fuses at Radio Shack this morning and in stalled one. Perfect fit and the radio works to boot. I listened to the radio in the bus for the first time on the way to work this afternoon. Thanks for all your help, coad, in the fuse hunt. Im ear to ear right now.

Adam
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: