Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Seat stop. 64, 60/40
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Seat stop. 64, 60/40 Reply with quote

Apparently I welded in the right seat stop hole. There was about 20 holes drilled in the fender so didn't notice.

So I'm hoping someone will give me measurements for its location.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat stop. 64, 60/40 Reply with quote

Not just to avoid measuring my own bus... But I'd just install the seat frame and see where it's paint-rubbed part of the black frame tube lands. Mark that spot, take a look underneath and drill through your weld.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat stop. 64, 60/40 Reply with quote

I don't have a Bus to measure but is it in the same spot as the hole on the driver's side?

Original passenger side example pic I took a while but no measurements

Driver's side has a tiny plug

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Seat stop. 64, 60/40 Reply with quote

hitest wrote:
Not just to avoid measuring my own bus... But I'd just install the seat frame and see where it's paint-rubbed part of the black frame tube lands. Mark that spot, take a look underneath and drill through your weld.

I may be a little OCD but I want exact. Also the welds have been smoothed and painted on the bottom also so can not tell where they were.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Seat stop. 64, 60/40 Reply with quote

MidDEC62 single cab measures at:

82.5mm from the right edge of that panel.

261mm from the rear of that panel.

Those are both to center of the hole.

Quote:

At least on our SC, the OG upholstery covers the tube there.

Last edited by Eric&Barb on Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat stop. 64, 60/40 Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
MidDEC62 single cab measures at:

82.5mm from the right edge of that panel.

261mm from the rear of that panel.

Quote:

At least on our SC, the OG upholstery covers the tube there.

Great measurements- It's close to what I found on my double cab just now but got a flat 80mm (on center) to the side edge. I also came up with 7mm for the hole diameter if that sounds typical. My DC has it's original dogleg if it matters.

My camper bus' upholstery was worn through along the area of my stop (easy to see frame rub area)- but a lot of my stuff is way worn through Smile

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat stop. 64, 60/40 Reply with quote

Just updated the previous post that those measurements are to the center of the hole..
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat stop. 64, 60/40 Reply with quote

Perfect! Thanks!

Looking at old photos I see there was some welding done at that spot.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: