Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Crankshaft repair?
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennis 356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject: Crankshaft repair? Reply with quote

Guys, can anything be done in terms of repairs to this crank or is it just a junk now? Guess someone forgot to tighten the flywheel, or did it very slapdash.....?
Would be pitty to waste it as it is actually still very good.
Dennis
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Steve F
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Crancshaft repair? Reply with quote

It's a bit of a drive but Walt can fix it:<)

http://www.competitioneng.com/contact.htm
Lupo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Crankshaft repair? Reply with quote

Hello dennis,

not so far away and with a long history in repair Porsche engines are Ahnendorp, Germany

www.ahnendorp.com

Regards
Wolfgang
dennis 356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Crankshaft repair? Reply with quote

Lupo wrote:
Hello dennis,

not so far away and with a long history in repair Porsche engines are Ahnendorp, Germany

www.ahnendorp.com

Regards
Wolfgang

Hello Wolfgang,

Thanks for the heads up, although I dread now the repair together with the shippings might actually surpass the actual value of the crank and sourcing another crankshaft might in that case be just as well.
Walt from the competitioneng.com just replyed yesterday giving me a price around $500 for the repair and I suspect doing that in Germany, an euro country, will cost yet more, plus shipping of course, nope, I think I´ll pass on this one, it doesn´t belong to any motor anyway and was just laying in my cellar for decades now, so no sweat.....I could ask them for an estimate though......
Dennis
dennis 356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Crankshaft repair? Reply with quote

Got this reply from Ahnendorp a while ago:

"Hello, sorry this is not possible."

Dennis
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: