Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Public drunk
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

I don't go to concerts because i hate having the jabroney behind me singing aloud to the song. I'm paying to hear the act perform
not them. I hate crowds and most people in general so....
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273

Last edited by obus on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

My hero
subhuman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

i can deal with the drunks, everyone with their fu&*ing cell phones out is what pisses me off!! marky ramone came up with a great way to deal with those people.

Link

you can have everything you want, just don't want so much!

"the wrong way always seems the more reasonable."
george moore

1963 type1
2002 Subaru Wrx

never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Mark Twain
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

obus wrote:
I hate crowds and most people in general so....

This.
Bob Loblaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
obus wrote:
I hate crowds and most people in general so....

This.

People are the worst kind of people....
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

obus wrote:
I don't go to concerts because i hate having the jabroney behind me singing aloud to the song. I'm paying to hear the act them not them. I hate crowds and most people in general so....
wtf? you take my wife with you??take mee too!!!!! Ive been to somany I cant recall how many,it's been a few years since the last one,I guess Im getting either old or cheep.I will not pay the prices they want. I remember boston being $17.50, black sabboth&vanhallen $19,bad co about $22, rush about the same. fleetwood mac around $24, sammy hagar about $18 , leftdepeard about $32 and many more up to about $48 then the next few years I went I went to buy tickets for was $92.....I was buying 2 when that 92 got doubled than some extra fees added....I told the lady to to tell the stones they could keep thier effing tickets I already have the cd. and that was the last big concert I tried to go to...I think.. thankfully I am very talented and can play all types of instruments very well so I dont really have the need to go see live bands at rip off prices. Im smart too.....sometimes. Wink after all I do have a vw bug for my only vehicle...in Florida. where heat is rarely required....
as for the drunks.....I havent had any issues with them execpt for the drunk that broke her wrist....she is fine now.and home for lunch.
Rodmullet
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

Ok, I'll wade in here...seems that not much has changed at concerts in 40 years or so....

I remember at one show, about 1978, I think at Miami Baseball Stadium, a shirtless long haired blond guy stumbling from railing to railing with a couple of beers in hand, spilling a bit each time he bumped into a railing....luckily he was on the other side of the walkway when he passed us by.

1979 or so...some guy puked on my friends jacket at a Jimmy Buffet concert at Miami Marine Stadium...

1980 Rush at the infamous Hollywood Sportatoriam in S. Florida...a bunch of kids, drunk/high/idiots to begin with, are fencing like pirate movie swashbuckers with cops/security guards on the top of the wall that surrounds the place. Tear gas cannisters flew...we nearly got trampled to death as people fled...Oh, and by the way, you couldn't use the stalls in the bathrooms as these were manned by various folks peddling assorted interesting substances. Gotta love the Sportatorium...

Needless to say, by the time I was out of high school, I rarely went to concerts at large venues...

Plus I don't really like large crowds or many people much either.

Rod
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

Concerning ticket prices I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1974 or 75 and tickets were 7.50. We also attended concerts which were billed as BYOB at an old WW2 armory. People got wasted and danced on tables. This was also 70s liability now would say no to this. Saw a young man drunk laying in a pool of vomit, nobody bothered him. It’s a right of passage maybe. Good times 😀
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

I remember hearing radio ads for big name bands at the Nassau Coliseum. Tickets were 'seven and eight dollars.' haha

Things are pretty tight at most venues around here these days. Act like an a-hole and security will be on your ass in a hot minute.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

Drunk in public is a violation, is it not? You get a nite in jail for that. Ask me how I know. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

We are visiting New Orleans. I just walked by a cop with my open beer. No problem, it' legal here. Laughing Cool
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

It’s really up to the discretion of the cops. It’s legal to drink in public if you are drinking from a plastic cup, although they look the other way if tourists are behaving themselves Very Happy what they don’t like is urinating in public also riding in a vehicle they frown on open container. Have fun eat some raw oysters drink some Jax beer.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

Jax beer is awful. I mostly dank Abita Andygator. Can't do raw oysters, but we tried just about everything else we could find.

Street car was great. Had open beers on there a few times. But was also told once that we had to slam our beers before we got on. Apparently there is some driver discretion there, too.

Back in Idaho now. Gonna take a booze break for awhile. Cool
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

A fresh cooked bushel of shrimps and I will drink in public. Laughing

I can drink Corona all day long. Some music will be even better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

My wife and I went to see Kenny Chesneys opening gig in Tampa. We saw a couple of people getting pulled out on stretchers... Interesting because the sections close to the stage called the sand bar are covered in sand. It was sad to watch the EMTs struggle and try real hard to get some people out of this particular area. Still, the show is sponsored by Blue Chair rum so what do you expect.

Drunks aside it was a brilliant show and a bigger memory maker than a CD.
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

Blue Bus

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker

Last edited by Splitdog on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Public drunk Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Drunk in public is a violation, is it not? You get a nite in jail for that. Ask me how I know. Laughing

Well, the other night my daughter's black Subaru was sideswiped in the parking lot of her complex; she called the police, and an officer actually made a visit. Empty alcohol bottle was found on the seat of the silver Hyundai, guess the driver was even too inebriated to know he/she hit her Subaru. So even with leaving the scene of an accident, of course no note, nothing will happen - too small of a case. Even with tracks evident, matching damage on the side of the silver car, license plate clearly legible and traceable. Likely driver was so under the influence that he/she didn't even try to move the silver car away from the Subaru !!! Silver car had a car seat in it too, wonder if a baby/kid was present for this trip !
Picture at http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3136&d=1543768228.jpg

[img]http://www.mazdatrucking.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3136&d=1543768228.jpg[/img]
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: