Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pictures of Inside a BN4 Fuel Pump
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reef_slacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Pictures of Inside a BN4 Fuel Pump Reply with quote

I did somthing bad to my BN4 fuel pump.

Turns out the fuel pump is crimped shut and not serviceable (I had read this on the BN4 sticky but you can't believe what you read on the internet). So when I tried to unscrew it I broke the leads and got my self an open circuit. I found a lack of pictures of this part 221261467 disassembled. I hope someone sees this and just soaks it in WD40 overnight instead of wrenching on it.

Body of Thing Heater fuel pump disassembled.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Piston of BN4 fuel pump.

O-ring size to have on hand for when I open it up again in 50 years because I try and "fix" it again.

I think the top of the piston is non-conductive.

The dumb wires I broke.

Is this reading healthy?

I took more measurments, comment if your interested in more on this post or more posts like it. Also comment if you are not interested.
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Inside a BN4 Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Hopefully you got it working again. I bought a new one for a modern heater as an experiment in case my old one quits, hopefully I'll never have to try it.
Reef_slacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Inside a BN4 Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Yes sir, got it fired up today after work. I had to clean the points on the fan motor to get the pump to run correctly. I did have one small scare with a backfire during testing from turning it off and on.
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Pictures of Inside a BN4 Fuel Pump Reply with quote

Cool! The backfires are always a surprise, never seems to hurt anything though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: