Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I VOTED
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

Voted absentee 2 weeks ago. There was still a crowd at the clerks office at that time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

I told my boss I'll be at the polls when I'm supposed to start my shift. I'd rather go during work hours Laughing
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes to vote no matter what time I go. In Oklahoma we have to sign a register and vote on a paper ballot so there is no corruption..

There were 5 state questions on the ballot this year.

Same here, paper ballots with ID check and signature to vote.

I will meet with my wife after work to hit the polls. We intended to vote early at the court house, but it never happened. No big deal, as our polling place tends to be fairly slow.

Our 13 year old daughter will be with us, as she has since the first election after she was born. She made the front page one year with a photo of her peaking out from behind the curtain while resting on her mother's hip.
Chad1376
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

My local polling location is always quick and easy - even during a Presidential term. I was in at 7:30am, out by 7:45. Being walking distance from my house is a bonus. I can't imagine early voting would be any more convenient in my case.

I don't think this is due to poor turnout, rather there are probably more retirees or alternate work schedule folks in my area, and they aren't as pressured to vote before or after work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
windfish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

Voted at the county election office two weeks ago - no lines, but it was steady.
Benefit of a small town, I usually vote day-of and the wait hasn't been more than 10-15min.

I like that NC stayed with paper ballots. Quick count with the scanner, any questions (or humidity) and they can do a hand count.
Those electronic voting machines make me uneasy (relevant xkcd)
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
wiscokid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

My wife and I voted at ten o'clock today, I was number 567. I've voted in every election and have never never seen as many people as I have today and I'm in quite the rural area and in the last presidential election I voted an hour before the polls closed and I honestly think I was number 300 something at that time. It was great to finally see a turnout. I don't care how you vote as long as you do.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

I went by our School and voted this afternoon, quiet as usual, in a town of 700 people. Who was voting today was the topic in the kitchen today, most of the under 30s were not, some of the 18/19 year olds were pumped to vote, which is cool.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

Yep! We voted...... and we voted CORRECTLY!
I'm sure some of you totally screwed up! Laughing

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

I voted
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

I went to vote, the polling place was empty, no one there. I found a sign that location had changed, there was an 800 number to call and a web address. The phone number was just a recording letting you know to look online. I almost felt my vote was being suppressed, lol. The new location was the fire dept so I walked over from my office and got my vote on. There were probably double or triple the amount of voters than ive seen at any other election....and I thought that guy was a divider when in reality he got us all out to vote. Wink Very Happy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

took my until i was over 25 y to start voting. now i do it all the time. Where we moved now it is almost walking distance. I went earlier than usual around 2pm and there were alot of old timers. The only confusion was shich of the 2 districts you were in. I pulled out my voter card and knew where to go. Ours is the little curtain covered electronic booth which is a cinch. in and out in less than 10 minutes.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

Ended up voting without my wife, but with my daughter in tow. Timing. Polling place was busier than I have ever seen it, but I was still in and out in less than 15 minutes. Saw several friends/old acquaintances there, too.

I started voting as soon as I could, and have never stopped. It matters.
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

Very crowded. Lots of young people.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

Joe 20 wrote:

Interesting. I did see two young guys getting registered (we can register at the polls) but only a few of the under 30 set that I recall. Most were my age (47) or older.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
Yep! We voted...... and we voted CORRECTLY!
I'm sure some of you totally screwed up! Laughing

Dave

Me too Dave- in fact, here in Idaho, I had a lot more little boxes to fill in because I voted the right way too. Wink

Side note- to all those who griped about requiring (some cried reimbursed) time off of work to vote: I call BS. Funny how all those who gripe also never bring up the fact they wouldn't consider early voting? These people wouldn't do the responsible thing if a polling station parked right in front of their parent's house. Excuse makers the whole lot of 'em

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Joe 20 wrote:

Interesting. I did see two young guys getting registered (we can register at the polls) but only a few of the under 30 set that I recall. Most were my age (47) or older.

Man you are old, I bet other than a few aches and pains or memory lapses you are getting along alright.
slave1pilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

We moved to a new county recently
Had to reregister for the new county, but didn’t do it I’m time fir mail in ballots

So, we had to drive nearly an hour and do it there.
Was there just over an hour so not bad.

Had to endure the “ old white man” behind us telling other people in line his thoughts on everything while we were waiting.
Why is it that old white guys can’t wait to give their opinions to other people?

As an old white guy myself, I just Stfu and keep to myself. Why can’t the others?

Currently:
1963 Ragtop Beetle
Previously:
1967 Beetle
1968 Beetle
1970 Beetle
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Joe 20 wrote:

Man you are old, I bet other than a few aches and pains or memory lapses you are getting along alright.

I'm doing OK, but in any case GET OFF MY LAWN! Wink
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I VOTED Reply with quote

slave1pilot wrote:

As an old white guy myself, I just Stfu and keep to myself. Why can’t the others?

Some folks are just opinionated, no matter their race/gender/whatever. Old white guys do not have the monopoly on this.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: