Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Another What's it worth
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Multi69s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:44 am    Post subject: Another What's it worth Reply with quote

Due to health issues, I am clearing out my stash. I have a complete Disc brake Ghia front end. Have no clue what's its worth. Any suggestions? I don't want to see it go for scrap, but I will probably have to vacate my property in about 5 months.
Gone but not forgotten 72 Baja Bug 2010
My builds
T4 into Squareback http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=458944&highlight=
Auto Trans Rebuild http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=516066&highlight=
AC in Squareback https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Another Whats it worth Reply with quote

Would be a good idea to post some pictures here as it obviously depends on condition. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Another Whats it worth Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your health issues.

The only thing that makes a Ghia beam different from a Beetle beam is the disc brake spindles & since so many tend to swap out for lowered spindles, the value has really dipped.

If you would like to see it go to an enthusiast instead of the scrap pile, post it in the "trades" classifieds if there's something that you would like to swap it for or post it in the "parting it forward" thread or maybe even the for a minimal amount in the '68 up Beetles classifieds.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
NoDents
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Another Whats it worth Reply with quote

I donated mine to the "scrap metal" pickup truck.

Rolling Eyes

1963 Bug - Sold in 1980
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible - Stolen in 1988
1971 Karmann Ghia Convertible, resto/mod COMPLETED 10/2020
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Another Whats it worth Reply with quote

I don't know about where you're from but around here a solid balljoint beam is worth it's weight in gold with or without brakes. Price it what you think it's worth and deal if you have to.

brad
NOVA Airhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Another Whats it worth Reply with quote

I would think someone with a Beetle that wants to do a disc brake conversion would want it. Post it in the Beetle and Ghia classifieds.
jeffrey8164 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Another What's it worth Reply with quote

It’s easily worth $200.00 or more if it’s an original, unadulterated German beam, spindle to spindle.
I have a spare in case of disaster. Nice peace of mind.
Just my opinion.

“Let he that is without oil throw the first rod”
(Compression 8.7:1)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: