Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

“Early” ambulance fans?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sloans265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: “Early” ambulance fans? Reply with quote

Today I bought some ambulance fans at BugJam. I saw they had the harness I needed and although a little rough the price was right. While I was walking off I instantly noticed that the long section of the wiring harness was actually hardwired into one fan and not a separate piece like you usually see. Another thing different is the actual mounting of the fans inside the ducts. While it seems a little crude it appears to be something that was “meant to be” and not something rigged to work. If the fans are actually out of something else I’d believe it but I can’t help but wonder if these are an earlier version or something?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The last pic is of the fans I already have. And those are what you usually see. Also notice metal/ plastic fan blades. Any info would be helpful
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: “Early” ambulance fans? Reply with quote

Interesting, yeah, could be super early production, or maybe from a real ambulance. Is that ivory paint showing through?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
rsbadura
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: “Early” ambulance fans? Reply with quote

Hello,

never seen in this form... but could be a first version.
Mine 1979 looks a little bit different - more plastic Wink

Keep in mind that these fans are also included in luxury buses (Clipper or Bus L or as extra... to demist windscreen faster at cold weather etc. .. in some early ads described as fresh air for smokers Laughing ) and
ambulance fans at bay windows are the round shaped boxes at the roof.

regards,
1982 Eriba Pan travel trailer
2017 VW CrossPolo
HAZET classic tools
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hikelite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: “Early” ambulance fans? Reply with quote

Maybe they go on a real early bay, like a '68. Smile

If they won't fit your bus, I'd be happy to see of they fit on mine. Wink Laughing

My 1968 Campmobile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: