Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

All New Wiper Parts, And....
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: All New Wiper Parts, And.... Reply with quote

Have you tried your old switch? Or by using the diagrams, you can simulate the switch by using jumper wires. This way you can confirm if its the motor or the switch. This is one of those situations where you need someone like my wife who looks over your shoulder and says "so is that wire supposed to be connected to something?"
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Al Capulco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: All New Wiper Parts, And.... Reply with quote

That new aftermarket armature is known to spin too fast, causing the the park switch not to work properly. Try a different 12v armature.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andk5591
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: All New Wiper Parts, And.... Reply with quote

I have installed at least 6 (probably closer to 10) 12V replacement armatures and have not had a problem...Just sayin'
"John's car" 64 VW woodie - The first ever
Maxine 61 Cal-look bug - Cindy's daily driver.
Max - 73 standard Beetle hearse project - For sale
66 bug project - Real patina & Suby conversion
There's more, but not keeping them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Let's see how far I can fling this lousy thing. Reply with quote

I have waaaaay too many hours in this...component... and a wee bit of wisdom, suggesting, 'cut and run, dummy, this thing is no good'.
Yeah, tried all kinds of diff't hookups between switch and unit- old switch was non-op- tried this, that and the other thing. I'll just locate a different motor and go from there, and this thing can be the Devil's Paperweight.

It's all of a piece, another component from the FFSwagen. This Beetle is the equivalent of a flaming bag of dog crap at the front door at 3 AM. If I was still Catholic I'd drag it to a priest for exorcism. I've never in my life had a vehicle fight me so hard, ever. If this crap-can has a motto, or at least a most-often-exclaimed exclamation, it's "You have got to be kidding..."

All the same, thanks for the help and suggestions- they will all come in handy later, for a much, much, much more deserving project than this one.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: