Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

It's official - I now have time to work on my bus!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

jtauxe wrote:
That's great news, Steve.

I have "retirement fever" right now, but need to hang on until June 2021. Then both my wife and I plan to retire together and explore the mountain west.
Come North and we’ll get some pickin’ In.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
SlowLane
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

Yes, congratulations on your release from the daily grind, Steve.

Now, how is that Magnaflow cat fitting? Wink
'72 Super Beetle
'69 Camper Van - Corvair powered
'71 Window Van - Transferred Corvair from '69

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine." - Internet RFC 1925

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." - Sir Terry Pratchett
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

So? When you going to work on the bus then? Three pages of Dancing Rolling Eyes

Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

Quote:
when

As soon as we get rain this week and the air gets a little cleaner I will start on the project. Right now we've had some really bad air here. Yesterday the sky was blue and we were able to get yard work done without having to wear masks.

Last edited by SGKent on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:
w
Quote:
hen

As soon as we get rain this week and the air gets a little cleaner I will start on the project. Right now we've had some really bad air here. Yesterday the sky was blue and we were able to get yard work done without having to wear masks.

I can appreciate that. I had to be in Ventura/Oak Hills last week for three days for work. Every day was clear and Sunny. I didnt realize how bad the air still was till I pumped gas to scoot back down to San Diego. My left pant leg was covered in black soot from leaning against my car. Confused

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

Congratulations Steve. Enjoy your new found freedom.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
SGKent wrote:
w
Quote:
hen

I can appreciate that. I had to be in Ventura/Oak Hills last week for three days for work. Every day was clear and Sunny. I didnt realize how bad the air still was till I pumped gas to scoot back down to San Diego. My left pant leg was covered in black soot from leaning against my car. Confused

Thanks Notchboy - you do not want this shit. It is freaking nasty.

Thank's Erik. I think that is with a k and not a c if I recall. If not, my apoligies for misspelling it.
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

Enjoy Cool
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spike0180
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

I have read 0% of this thread. But I see the "I have time to work finally" yet no pictures, just talking... WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?! Get to work!
Other cars: 2003 F150, 2003 Jetta GLI vr6-6sp

Sambastic: adj; the quality of being nit picky, elitist, expecting everyone to do things the way they believe is best with no regard to situation, "sambastic"
vocho_702
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: It's official - I now have time to work on my bus! Reply with quote

Hey SGKent, I am fairly new to posting (been around a while reading) and you have helped me a ton in the past. I just wanna say thank you and congrats. Enjoy all the fun/ hard work you will be putting into your bus. Like you said it will never end, which is a great thing. Also if you are going to Buses by the Bridge in Havasu and need a pit stop in Vegas, let me know.

69 Sunroof Beetle-AirheadParts Treffen 18
DD-70 Baywindow Camper-AirheadParts Treffen 21
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: