Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flat Earth!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

subhuman wrote:
if the earth was flat, you know there would be a giant cat at the edge, knocking shit off Laughing
no the shit wood stay, the good stuff wood be offt...like me Im a bit offT some tymes
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

Cannot wait for the next magnetic pole shift, coming soon to a theater near you
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

Chad1376 wrote:
Here ya' go. The earth is not a sphere! - from the geographical coordinate system I'm working in here at work:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

It's an ellipsoid - the radius at the equator is a bit larger than the radius at the poles.

Proof that the earth is just a little bit flat! Wink

Oblate spheroid/ellipsoid to be specific. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Figure_of_the_Earth

The equator isn't actually a circle either. It's an ellipse. This is know as triaxiality. Lots of fun calculus to explain that.

Then there's the contentious pear shape theory: flattened at the northern middle latitudes, bulging at the southern middle latitudes, bulge in the middle latitudes.

The earth itself without oceans is an irregular, unevenly distributed mess, which further complicates the actual form.

so......

the flat earth model seems like a lot easier pill to swallow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

Looks round from the fake NASA pics, proof they are fake. 😀
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

awreed wrote:
..........flattened at the northern middle latitudes, bulging at the southern middle latitudes, bulge in the middle latitudes. ....

So you are saying the Earth has the classic "Dad bod" going on?, or maybe it's shaped like a cookie, flattish in the middle with roundish edges and those NASA photos are just poorly lit and from the wrong angles?

I'm really curious what's on the other side (bottom) of this flat shape Confused

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
awreed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
awreed wrote:
..........flattened at the northern middle latitudes, bulging at the southern middle latitudes, bulge in the middle latitudes. ....

So you are saying the Earth has the classic "Dad bod" going on?, or maybe it's shaped like a cookie, flattish in the middle with roundish edges and those NASA photos are just poorly lit and from the wrong angles?

I'm really curious what's on the other side (bottom) of this flat shape Confused

We don't yet have the technology to find out.

The Russians set the deepest artificial point on earth record in 1989 when they finished drilling the Kola super deep borehole. They drilled a 9 inch diameter hole more than 40,000 feet (7.6 miles) straight down until the extreme temperatures (356f) made further drilling impossible.... and they ran out of money and their government collapsed.

Someone could try to peer over the edge of the pancake earth, but that's a non-starter. According to FE conspiracy, every developed country has colluded to prevent anyone from actually exploring the icy border (Antarctica), let alone get close enough to the edge to look down or climb underneath.

As far as flying into space and taking a picture of the underside, yeah that's also a carefully concocted lie- lead primarily by NASA, apparently Rolling Eyes . Every photo or video of the earth from low earth orbit is a completely fabricated, photoshopped lie. After all, the flat earth is surrounded by an impenetrable firmament that even the US government has not yet been able to penetrate. Amazing ionospheric phenomena like sprites, elfs, and jets https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper-atmospheric_lightning#/media/File:Upperatmoslight1.jpg are somehow proof of this.

But that's not all.

For any of this nonsense to be possible, gravity as we understand it would necessarily have to be complete bullshit. A planet as massive as the earth would collapse in on itself in any shape other than a sphere, which is why we haven't found any 24,000 mile diameter pancake planets (the diameter of oblate spheroid earth is about 8,000 miles).

True insanity. Or massive trolling. Either way, it's a fascinating study for me. I'm consumed by it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

In the late 1970s I had a flat girlfriend who should've been round.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

the earth is actually a donut shape. The blue sky is the ocean you see on the other side. Thought yall knew Rolling Eyes Wink

Last edited by FullFender on Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Chad1376
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

Oblate Spheroid/Ellipsoid Earth Society is not nearly as catchy as Flat Earth Society. Reality needs better marketing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:

I think she has move out here into our community. Ellipsoid in the middle now but still flat where it counts... Shocked
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Cusser wrote:

Ellipsoid in the middle now but still flat where it counts... :shock:

Top of her head?
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

The right mix of Pharmies and listening to Dave Mathews Band will reveal to correct path to FE "discovery". Or huffing gasoline.

Nasa looks to be a mix of actual events and certain embellishments from time to time. Of course many arm chair observers conclude "if its a little wrong, it must be all wrong ", and critical thinking goes over the cliff.
Volks Wagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

What's on the other side of the Flat Earth is.... us... also. When we dream we get glimpses of our life over there. The thing about this spheroid theory that's catching folks out is that they are stuck with the belief the Earth is rotating about it's axis every 24 hrs. In fact we are spinning around at a massive rate, like a coin on a table top, such that the pics from space make it look like a spheroid planet. Once they increase the shutter speed on those cameras it'll be obvious. We don't notice the rapidly flicking from day to night during this spinning because we are all blinking at just the right time to miss the change and see the same daytime or nightime thing. And Earths gravity is much more massive than what we see represented by 9.8m/s/s... how else would we be able to suck those neutrinos out of the sun?

I'm definitely, probably, the worlds greatest lover.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

If Baby It's Cold Outside and Kiss the Girl can be looked at by some as being invitations and glorifications of rape and mayhem, then (probably those same) people can believe that the Earth is flat.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

The world we see and touch is Euclidean at a human scale.

But at the atomic and cosmic scale, it is non-Euclidean. Parallel lines meet at infinity. The shortest distance between two points is not a straight line.

This is science, not fantasy.

I wonder how the flat earth people handle a Möbius strip?
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

Do any of these nuts explain why this conspiracy to hide the flat earth exists? What’s the ultimate goal of perpetuating the big lie of the spheroid earth?
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

I saw the flat earth thingy on tv the other day.....ultra morons... but Ill bet somebody withen them is making a killing off of them...probably the guy that started it knowing there were clueless souls fresh out of church ripe for the picking. you cant fix stupid, and sometines not even clueless.
Onceler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

I wonder why i never hear of grand conspiracies involving the chinese or russian governments, pretty sure those folks ain’t saints, and why does WikiLeaks only concentrate on the American government, absolutely nothing on russia or china. The flat earth and ancient alien folks seem to just be into conspiracy theories just for the sake of it. Maybe YouTube hits is all
GenXer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

There was a guy on the Fender Stratocaster forum who was a Flat Earther. It was a pretty good read as he battled people with scientific minds with the pseudo-science of flat earth beliefs. As for a faked moon landing, I have ready plenty for and against arguments but the the one that is most persuasive to me is that if NASA faked the moon landing, how in the heck did they get the Russians to go along with it in the Cold War? If it was truly impossible as the "faked Moon Landing" people believe, wouldn't the Russians have called us out on it at a time when the US and the USSR were in a propaganda battle?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zeen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Flat Earth! Reply with quote

I find conspiracy theorists and other willfully stupid people both depressing and fascinating. Especially in context of the knowledge that the brains of humans have been the same for many thousands of years, with the only difference being each generation builds on the knowledge of the ones that came before. So when people backslide, I can't help but think they are just stupid, or mentally ill. How do the Flat Earthers dismiss the findings of Eratosthenes? Over two thousand years ago he not only proved the earth was round, but pretty accurately estimated its circumference, using the advanced technology of a stick. Perhaps he was a founding member of the Illuminati, and I am one of the fortunate few to be in on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: