Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Happy Thanksgiving. How you doing your bird?
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Happy Thanksgiving. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
I'm BBQing a turkey today. I do one every Thanksgiving and take to my sis's house for a family dinner.
At least a week before the holiday. I do a calibrator bird. The image below is today's bird.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And yea, I got the passenger side of my 67 in the pic.

How you doing your bird?

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Couple of tyrtips, a pork pie, and a fish pie. Plenty of veggies and beer and wine. Listening to Peter and the Wolf.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

calvinater wrote:
Couple of tyrtips, a pork pie, and a fish pie. Plenty of veggies and beer and wine. Listening to Peter and the Wolf.

I have a seasoned tritip in the freezer. Love those things.
I have never heard of a fish pie.
What goes in it. And yea, I know fish. What are the other ingredients?

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

I'd have to ask the wife , but prefer to stay out of kitchen when she's in the zone, 🤨 i ll get back back with recipe later

Happy Thanks "Giving"
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

BBQ'd turkey done!

Frickin juice in the drip pan is the bomb! Makes a great gravy!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Cooking ours right now on the old school charcoal Weber, just like you! This is the only time all year it gets used. All of our other grilling is on the propane one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Happy Turkey Day!
67_13Deluxe
Samba Resident Alien

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

We fried it. The turkey that is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Deep fried. Two years ago, I tried for it for the first time. It's my new favorite way.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

All you can eat buffet at a local tavern. Great food with no cleanup. Turkey, ham, pasta, flounder stuffed with crab,....take your pick. Then go home and sleep.
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Brine the night before, rinse and dry rub, stuff with veggies, and then 15min a pound in the oven. So good!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Frankly, I appreciate your candor- but it is nobody's business how I'm doing my bird. Dancing

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
All you can eat buffet at a local tavern. Great food with no cleanup. Turkey, ham, pasta, flounder stuffed with crab,....take your pick. Then go home and sleep.

Same here at local 5 star hotel, prime rib, fresh seafood, smoked salmon, traditional turkey with all the sides, mimosas Bloody Marys you name they got it. Plus you get to mix and mingle with hundreds of other people. Very Happy
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

We brined 2 birds, cooked one in the webber, the other in the oven. A salmon fillet went in the smoker for the non meat eaters.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

We used a Reynolds Oven Bag for the turkey. Works great, doesn't dry out, no clean up.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Did a Butterbowl smoked turkey - just defrost and heat. perfect everytime.

Although a deep fried one is awesome too. We did one last year. Too much work but worth it. Works out best if you don't burn down the house.
gears
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Kalua turkey (baked in ti leaves Hawaiian style)

'87 Syncro GL 2.5
https://guardtransaxle.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

You are in Hawaii now Gears?
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Surrounded by three fingers and a thumb, had homade gluten free pizza. Oldentimmers will get it, everybody else is probably white.
Quote; Jack Forbes

Turkey cranberry mayo pepper and white bread, side of gluten free stuffing.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving 2018. How you doing your bird? Reply with quote

Found "Jack D. Forbes", can't find the quote. More info, please? I am white. Well, Hispanic, actually. Very Happy

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: