Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Globespotter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

Not sure if you all scared erb off, but I didn't see him post this here, which is a shame:

Link

1971 Super Beetle - 1977-1980

1971 SB Survivor Story: https://globespotter.com/
Road Trip Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511800&highlight=
My 77 Westy Thread: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=647114&highlight=

http://vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&id=30990
https://vw-type2-id.xyz/mplate/72067382
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

Oh. It was in here. Was originally posted as something like “How to clear snow from a 71 Bus” The thread turned into typical Bay forum shanangins Wink Me thinks the mods wiped it. But I did add the revised version to Bays in snow. Erb seems like a good dude that’s having fun. And he doesn’t get all butt hurt when we mess with him. I appreciate Erb.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...90f6fc7ad7

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

Great video, shitty broom.
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

richparker wrote:

No, I think. The old school broom is period correct. What has me baffled is in one video he does an early 69 bay. In another he does a late bay 73 bay. I’m still trying to figure out what the hell to do on the 72 one year only bay Laughing

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

That's in the one year only 1972 thread of course

Man, can't anyone think things out anymore?

Happy thanksgiving Xevin and Erb!
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
richparker wrote:

No, I think. The old school broom is period correct. What has me baffled is in one video he does an early 69 bay. In another he does a late bay 73 bay. I’m still trying to figure out what the hell to do on the 72 one year only bay Laughing

Xevin - you have to find a period correct broom, preferably with a wooden handle.
TomWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

Do you smoke dope before snow removal, or after snow removal or both?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

SGKent wrote:

Xevin - you have to find a period correct broom, preferably with a wooden handle.

Good call Steve, Looks like its a one year only broom. I’ll put a WTB in the classifieds Wink

I need one like this, excellent for ice too. Laughing

Link

TomWesty wrote:

I dont. Do you think this will help? What about beer? Was thinking a nice stout or porter would be appropriate for snow removal

Clatter wrote:

SGKent wrote:
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: how to clear the snow off your late model vw bus Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
SGKent wrote:

Good call Steve, Looks like its a one year only broom. I’ll put a WTB in the classifieds Wink

I need one like this, excellent for ice too. Laughing

Link

TomWesty wrote:

I dont. Do you think this will help? What about beer? Was thinking a nice stout or porter would be appropriate for snow removal

Yes - there were even portable size personal devices used for clearing snow and ice if the factory year specific version was not available for your bus - one model even fit in a wallet that us old timers carried before social media (and some still do). Now of course you can just call up a snow and ice removal service with a smart phone app - like Uber or Lyft does for calling a Taxi. Instead of doing it yourself in a minute or two, you can drink your coffee and wait 20 minutes for them to arrive. In our day the banks used to send the small wallet sized tools out as long as one agreed to pay them a monthly payment (based on how often one used it). Many of us kept one in our wallet. There was even a model number on each one stamped on the plastic to identify the owner. You can see I am bored today Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: