Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Help knowing what baja Kit does is
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfido
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Help knowing what baja Kit does is Reply with quote

I was wondering if somebody can help me find some information on the kit , my dad bought it in 2010-11 in a auction in Utah it's a 1973 bug apart from that I don't know much he passed away and the bug was sold and ever since I have been looking for the kit to build one my self
If someone has a kit like this one or know where I could buy one please let me know the bug right now is in Mexico I know the person that has it but he does not want to make molds or sell the bug

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Help knowing what baja Kit does is Reply with quote

It’s like Mulholland made a Baja kit.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
Elfido
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Help knowing what baja Kit does is Reply with quote

Don't now others FB groups have said it's a fiber jet kit but cant find no information from that company
The Mulholland does not have the headlights so deep in I think that's why I'm having a hard time believing or thinking it is one of those kits Crying or Very sad and if it is the put a lot of time and money in making it look like that
Mal evolent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help knowing what baja Kit does is Reply with quote

it looks like a Brazilian kit. no name, no links, but google brazilian baja bug

Baja Bugs for Volkswagen Virgins: Index
Elfido
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Help knowing what baja Kit does is Reply with quote

I looked in the brazilian forums and did not find nothing also asked and they said they do not have any mold like that one
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Help knowing what baja Kit does is Reply with quote

The fenders show that they are shaped based on the Rountree kit from the US. But they are modified a lot from the original. The tail lights are US Chevy Vega of the 1970s. The large rectangular headlights were also used in the US in the 1980s and early 90s. But I have never seen this particular kit in the US or even from other countries.
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Elfido
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Help knowing what baja Kit does is Reply with quote

Some people have said it's from fiberjet but the company is closed I have asked in Brazil and they do not make one neither the car was purchased in Utah
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: