Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone heard of Islinger dealer in Mannhiem Germany?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John cilia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 am    Post subject: Anyone heard of Islinger dealer in Mannhiem Germany? Reply with quote

Other than one tidbit on Google there's nothing,zero,nada I have been able to find on this VW dealer.
I am currently doing a ground up resto to a 1949 Standard sold from there.
Anyone out there in the VW world have anything ?
Thanks

The most important thing on a Tombstone is the Dash between the 2 dates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fossil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heard of Islinger dealer in Mannhiem Germany? Reply with quote

Went into insolvency in 2002. Not only in Mannheim, they had several shops in the Rhine/Neckar region.
John cilia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heard of Islinger dealer in Mannhiem Germany? Reply with quote

Thanks. Where did you find that ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heard of Islinger dealer in Mannhiem Germany? Reply with quote

Yes, Ernst Isslinger was one of the first dealers. He held a local autoshow where they showed a deluxe, a standard, a Hebmuller pre production model, a police hebmuller , A standard with roof box, a bare chassis and a trailer.
So the show was probably june 49 and held in a tent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
consvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone heard of Islinger dealer in Mannhiem Germany? Reply with quote

my old 58 beetle was delivered to Mannheim according to the birth cert. I found this badge for sale & it fit right on the existing screw holes in the front quarter panel. The guy i got it from said it came off of a '52
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John cilia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone heard of Islinger dealer in Mannhiem Germany? Reply with quote

If you still have that badge I would luv to buy it for my 49 standard.

fossil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone heard of Islinger dealer in Mannhiem Germany? Reply with quote

John cilia wrote:
Thanks. Where did you find that ?

Extracts of the official register of companies are often available in the net.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: