Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Coworkers coming to work sick :(
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

There is a flip side to this also, I work in the service industry and get called out to work on people’s houses and they are sick, they don’t give a crap if you catch their shit they just want their crap fixed even though could cancel us coming out but they just don’t care.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
And stop kissing people you don't know. Laughing

WHAT ??? Shocked Mad

Seriously, I wonder if the rate of spread of common flues and colds is any different in countries where a kiss is the proper greating?
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by Zundfolge1432 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

I heard on public radio the other day that they studied sickness and allergy rates among school kids. The rural kids are head and shoulders above the city kids on both accounts. The conclusions were that the dirt, dust and exposure to animals and germs was helping to develop a more robust immune system.
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

^^^^^
THIS!

Our employer pays us $200 month bonus for keeping perfect attendance. Paid sick time is provided on top of that! Nice perk but does encourage some to come in sick.
Dwayne1m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
^^^^^
THIS!

Our employer pays us $200 month bonus for keeping perfect attendance. Paid sick time is provided on top of that! Nice perk but does encourage some to come in sick.

Dang. Great for anyone who has those perks, but I sure hope you appreciate them and know how fortunate you are. I get the equivalent of a coffee mug or a key chain with the company logo if I get perfect attendance for the year. They complain about people taking so much time off but then when you do get perfect attendance they give you a worthless little trinket. Yahoo. Kinda a slap in the face to me. We often ask what is the incentive to get perfect attendance if they're only going to throw you a bone.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

Dwayne1m wrote:
kingkarmann wrote:
^^^^^
THIS!

Dang. Great for anyone who has those perks, but I sure hope you appreciate them and know how fortunate you are. I get the equivalent of a coffee mug or a key chain with the company logo if I get perfect attendance for the year. They complain about people taking so much time off but then when you do get perfect attendance they give you a worthless little trinket. Yahoo. Kinda a slap in the face to me. We often ask what is the incentive to get perfect attendance if they're only going to throw you a bone.

Dwayne & ALL his coworkers ought to take a couple 3 day weekends etc every year to let them know you guys are not impressed with a monogrammed mug!
:fist:
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
I heard on public radio the other day that they studied sickness and allergy rates among school kids. The rural kids are head and shoulders above the city kids on both accounts. The conclusions were that the dirt, dust and exposure to animals and germs was helping to develop a more robust immune system.

Or maybe the city kids interact with a lot more other kids every day, so transmission of any disease is much easier.

My employer gives us 11 sick days per year. No note needed. Last month my boss ordered me to take sick days whenever something minor comes up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Coworkers coming to work sick :( Reply with quote

lonotch wrote:
There is a flip side to this also, I work in the service industry and get called out to work on people’s houses and they are sick, they don’t give a crap if you catch their shit they just want their crap fixed even though could cancel us coming out but they just don’t care.

I don't miss those days. I once had to insist on a guy going to the hospital because I thought he'd die of pneumonia right there in his living room. His wife came and took him and let me lock up behind myself. But he sure had to have his stereo working (that he bought elsewhere). Whiniest adult male I'd ever been around.

If those clients were having a "well" day- they'd still send their yellow lab back behind the TV with me. Loved those ignorant people. Confused

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: