Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exnermobiles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hi,

just received the Malachite set for my Pacific Blue coupe – excellent work Luis!!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Malachite mat and Türkis carpet together:

Now I’m just waiting for the next batch of those sound deadening mats to materialize…
Kharon8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Exnermobiles wrote:
Hi,

just received the Malachite set for my Pacific Blue coupe – excellent work Luis!!!
Malachite mat and Türkis carpet together:

Ooh, these look good. But a quick question: Where did you get türkis carpet set?

I was looking everywhere (AFAIK) last autumn and nothing, so now I have charcoal set for a light blue '63, while the combination you have, would be better.

Malachite rubber wouldn't look too bad on charcoal either, but as long as the carpet set isn't installed yet, I could buy more correct one and sell the set I have now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Exnermobiles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint you Kharon8 but to my knowledge there is currently no Türkis German Weave carpet set available for Ghias. That one in the picture is just a single piece of NOS Türkis carpet I purchased years ago.

But I have to say that it fits perfectly with the Malachite floor mats and rubber inserts. Designers at VW surely had an eye for delicious colour combinations – especially during the early 60’s.

Unfortunately, my camera is not able to catch all those amazing shades of green and turquoise.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Thanks for all the behind the scenes communications, Luis. I am looking forward to getting a full set for my '66, along with a single bulkhead mat for behind the pedal cluster. Thanks for the willingness to fill in the dimmer switch hole and emulate the ribbed pattern of the mat for those of us with post-65's!

I appreciate your willingness to safeguard my original mat while you use it to get the most spot-on color match to my grey mats - and anyone else that has this shade of medium grey mat.

-Kent

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The aussie Trimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Exnermobiles wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you Kharon8 but to my knowledge there is currently no Türkis German Weave carpet set available for Ghias. That one in the picture is just a single piece of NOS Türkis carpet I purchased years ago.

But I have to say that it fits perfectly with the Malachite floor mats and rubber inserts. Designers at VW surely had an eye for delicious colour combinations – especially during the early 60’s.

Unfortunately, my camera is not able to catch all those amazing shades of green and turquoise.

I have this colour dyed for my clients. I could make a set for you if you like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

The mats for my '66 Karmann Ghia vert came today and I'll let you judge the outcome for yourself. I sent Luis one of my rear mats (in the center of the photo) since there was confusion as to "Lava." Fortunately, we discovered that my "Medium Grey" color was not yet part of his color palate. It is now!

Look at the amazing job he did. Thank you, Luis!

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lajs57 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

SOUND ABSORBERS NEWS

Dear members,

As you know, ALL the mats orders are up to date!
Regarding the sound absorbers, there are Back Orders to fulfill.
After recent new orders, today I placed the order for the rubber materials I need!
Those materials will be drop-shipped to the WATER-JET shop in Massachusetts in about two weeks. The water-jet shop has a production time of 2-3 weeks.
In about 4-5 weeks ALL SOUND ABSORBER ORDERS WILL BE FULFILLED !!!

As you know, in order to place an order for the water jet shop, I need a minimum of 15 sets. It took a few months for that to be the case. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A SET NOW, THIS IS THE TIME TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, SO IT CAN BE INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCTION BATCH. I can increase the materials order only in the next few days.

After this batch, it would take months before another Sound Absorber set order can be produced!

Place your order at the website www.60skgmats.com
Use coupon NEWYEAR5 for a 5% discount!
Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thank you ALL for your patience.

LUIS
lajs57 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Dear Karmann Ghia collectors,

Today I finished shipping all pending orders on both websites!

Here is the last order, a Scarlet set:

I was up to date with the rubber mats a few weeks ago, but there were some Sound Absorber under mat sets pending, now every order has been fulfilled!

Thank you All for your support!

Please let your friends know about my website!

Luis
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: