Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exnermobiles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hi,

just received the Malachite set for my Pacific Blue coupe – excellent work Luis!!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Malachite mat and Türkis carpet together:

Now I’m just waiting for the next batch of those sound deadening mats to materialize…
Kharon8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Exnermobiles wrote:
Hi,

just received the Malachite set for my Pacific Blue coupe – excellent work Luis!!!
Malachite mat and Türkis carpet together:

Ooh, these look good. But a quick question: Where did you get türkis carpet set?

I was looking everywhere (AFAIK) last autumn and nothing, so now I have charcoal set for a light blue '63, while the combination you have, would be better.

Malachite rubber wouldn't look too bad on charcoal either, but as long as the carpet set isn't installed yet, I could buy more correct one and sell the set I have now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Exnermobiles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint you Kharon8 but to my knowledge there is currently no Türkis German Weave carpet set available for Ghias. That one in the picture is just a single piece of NOS Türkis carpet I purchased years ago.

But I have to say that it fits perfectly with the Malachite floor mats and rubber inserts. Designers at VW surely had an eye for delicious colour combinations – especially during the early 60’s.

Unfortunately, my camera is not able to catch all those amazing shades of green and turquoise.
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Thanks for all the behind the scenes communications, Luis. I am looking forward to getting a full set for my '66, along with a single bulkhead mat for behind the pedal cluster. Thanks for the willingness to fill in the dimmer switch hole and emulate the ribbed pattern of the mat for those of us with post-65's!

I appreciate your willingness to safeguard my original mat while you use it to get the most spot-on color match to my grey mats - and anyone else that has this shade of medium grey mat.

-Kent

OG member of the '67 Posse

A few of my toys, past and present
'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The aussie Trimmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Exnermobiles wrote:
Sorry to disappoint you Kharon8 but to my knowledge there is currently no Türkis German Weave carpet set available for Ghias. That one in the picture is just a single piece of NOS Türkis carpet I purchased years ago.

But I have to say that it fits perfectly with the Malachite floor mats and rubber inserts. Designers at VW surely had an eye for delicious colour combinations – especially during the early 60’s.

Unfortunately, my camera is not able to catch all those amazing shades of green and turquoise.

I have this colour dyed for my clients. I could make a set for you if you like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

The mats for my '66 Karmann Ghia vert came today and I'll let you judge the outcome for yourself. I sent Luis one of my rear mats (in the center of the photo) since there was confusion as to "Lava." Fortunately, we discovered that my "Medium Grey" color was not yet part of his color palate. It is now!

Look at the amazing job he did. Thank you, Luis!

'56 Oval, '66 KG Conv't, '67 21-Window, '67 Bug, '79 SuperVert, '55 Pre-A Continental
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

SOUND ABSORBERS NEWS

Dear members,

As you know, ALL the mats orders are up to date!
Regarding the sound absorbers, there are Back Orders to fulfill.
After recent new orders, today I placed the order for the rubber materials I need!
Those materials will be drop-shipped to the WATER-JET shop in Massachusetts in about two weeks. The water-jet shop has a production time of 2-3 weeks.
In about 4-5 weeks ALL SOUND ABSORBER ORDERS WILL BE FULFILLED !!!

As you know, in order to place an order for the water jet shop, I need a minimum of 15 sets. It took a few months for that to be the case. IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A SET NOW, THIS IS THE TIME TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, SO IT CAN BE INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCTION BATCH. I can increase the materials order only in the next few days.

After this batch, it would take months before another Sound Absorber set order can be produced!

Place your order at the website www.60skgmats.com
Use coupon NEWYEAR5 for a 5% discount!
Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thank you ALL for your patience.

LUIS
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Dear Karmann Ghia collectors,

Today I finished shipping all pending orders on both websites!

Here is the last order, a Scarlet set:

I was up to date with the rubber mats a few weeks ago, but there were some Sound Absorber under mat sets pending, now every order has been fulfilled!

Thank you All for your support!

Please let your friends know about my website!

Luis
Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hi,

I apologize if this is not the right place to post this question but I figure that since most of you are now experts in rubber mats you might know the answer.

I have two foot rests; 31 cm and 27 cm. The longer one is obviously wrong since it is missing the tabs and is probably for a Beetle.

But when I test fit the shorter foot rest it's almost vertical.

The rubber mat, which is beautiful by the way, thank you, Luis, feels loose and floppy when installed over the shorter foot rest.

Will the slack be made up once I have some padding on the floor and the the wall or do I have the wrong year Ghia Foot rest? (I'm kicking myself because I paid $$ to have it powdercoated Embarassed )

Thanks
carlk3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

I think the 27 cm is right. An extra I have measures just a skosh over 270mm, depending on how you measure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Cool, thank you, Clark3. Your extra foot rest is worth 40 or 50 bucks!

I was a little excited and was just test fitting things and may not have taken into account that the floor is not bolted to the body and might be sagging a little. I'll take another look but you can see it in the pictures.

(I hate it when I buy parts on the internet and their wrong and unreturnable! Shocked )
carlk3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Peter D. wrote:
Cool, thank you, Clark3. Your extra foot rest is worth 40 or 50 bucks!

Now I'm starting to question why I put the old rusty original footrest back in instead of this one that I bought in the Classifieds. (I mean, I'm sure I did clean the original up, but bits of it were rusted away.) As you can see, I still have my old floor mats in place, and I've got my brand new ones to put in, so I'll take another look when I get around to that. Maybe it was longer, and that's why I stuck with the old one. (It has probably been 10 years or so.)

Peter D. wrote:

(I hate it when I buy parts on the internet and their wrong and unreturnable! Shocked )

Well, you can always sell them on the Classifieds, but nobody's getting rich except the shipping companies!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Is Luis still making the mats?

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
1973 Ghia convertible
67 Florida Deluxe
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
Is Luis still making the mats?

Hopefully, he does great work. But he hasn't chimed in in a few months. Hope all is well...

67_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

These look great. Any chance the Beetle folks could get in on the action? I have an original ‘65-‘67 (over-the-hump) mat I’m willing to ship to use as a mold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113863703AGY

You mean this one?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
carlk3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

carlk3 wrote:

Now I'm starting to question why I put the old rusty original footrest back in instead of this one that I bought in the Classifieds. (I mean, I'm sure I did clean the original up, but bits of it were rusted away.) As you can see, I still have my old floor mats in place, and I've got my brand new ones to put in, so I'll take another look when I get around to that. Maybe it was longer, and that's why I stuck with the old one. (It has probably been 10 years or so.)

OK, I finally got around to pulling out the plate. I don't think the one I had in there is the original: I might have had three altogether and tossed the original because it was so bad.

Anyway, the one I had in there appears to be identical in dimensions to the spare:

I've decide I might as well sell the extra. Look for it in the Classifieds. Makes a great Christmas present!
61karmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Finally found an early, CorrECT more contoured at the ends 61-62? footrest. At some point 63?? the bent angled left and right ends were rounded off.
Rusty, but should be ok with a coat of por15..
Olive colored mats fresh from Luis, looks great with the upholstery, thanks Luis!. The extra paint i got from him worked perfect for the boots, being as its a 61 and just this year would have the rubber boots the same color as the mats. The original carpet color is supposed to be olive as well with these mats, but getting the tan squareweave carpet dyed may be difficult?..
Original paint nepal green handbrake.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

I tried to call and email Luis as i am interested in mats for my 1960 Paprika. I think i need the Stone gray but i have not received a reply.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markokg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hello,
i know it is not the right page for the question or on which page i can get the information. Where to buy great replicas of seat upholstery, door side panels, armrest, carpets, top cover, underlining?
For rubber mats, I will contact Luis, of course.
Marko

KG may / 1960 convertible US spec
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: