Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goran Thulin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

I,m in for one set of grey/black mats for our 64 LHD convertible.

Last edited by Goran Thulin on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ghiagaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hi

I am interested in ordering a set for my '64 LHD Ghia. Gray Black.

Thanks / Patrik
jimwar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

I'm in for a set of grey for a 69j
richardsxfile
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

I am interested in a set for my 67.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

GREEN LIGHT!

With the responses in the Forum, PMs and a couple of phone calls, we got 33 commitments!

The price for a set is $438.00. There is an Introductory discount to lower it to $394.00.

Applying the Founder Member Coupon Code it goes down to $348.69!

Here is the project's plan:

Founding Campaign - From Now until January 7th.
Mold Creation - January 7th to January 31
Production - Starts in February!

I've been working in the web-page to handle this project and it is ready to go!

www.60sKGmats.com

Please go to Membership, become a Founder Member, get your Coupon Code and place your order!

For the first 50 orders I'll add A KARMANN Key Fob AND a KARMANN Card Holder for FREE!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

COLOR OPTIONS

While the campaign is going, I'm in the process of validating COLORS. Some samples are in my way, and, as I requested before, if any one has a sample, please let me know. I will give you my FedEx account both ways.

If you place your order and you are not totally sure of the color you want, don't worry, as the process will be that, before I make a set, I'll confirm the color option with the customer and make sure he/she approves the color I have.

Thank you!

Luis
TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

What an awesome news! I registered myself and will be now ordering a grey set for my 60!
Thanks
Antoine
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

Luis
PghGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

I'm in for a set in Anthracite (I think) for my 71 coupe. I have a set of factory mats now that I thought were black but maybe they're actually anthracite? Is this a VERY dark charcoal color that would look black unless you put something that you know is actually black next to it as a contrast?

Happy New Year!
kiwighia68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hi Luis,

I'd like to commit to a carpet set for my '68 RHD coupé please. I don't know what the lava colour looks like but I think the Dark Brown will suit my car.

All the best with your project and Happy New Year.

Chris M
TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hi Luis,

Looking forward to hear about the mold creation Very Happy

Will you be able to make the passenger side for the 60 model like the original one or is it too much work?

You already got my order for a grey set for my 60, hope that I was in the first 50.

Greetings from Germany

Antoine
rtroy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

To all the people "watching" this thread:

You REALLY need to read Luis' posting on this web page, made last night:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8973974#8973974

It's on Page 40, five from the bottom.

The bottom line is that saying you want a mat set is NOT good enough; you'd better step up now and make an actual order or regret it, maybe forever.

Karmann Ghia and Porsche 356 enthusiast
Founder, The Karmann Ghia Club of N. America
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

2019 NEWS

Dear Karmann Ghia friends,

Yesterday I placed a post in the Low Light Mats forum that also relates to this forum.

As you know, i went to Mexico and while there my father died. It has been hard for me and my family, but I am grateful that God gave me the opportunity to spend time with him before he left.

Last year I started the Low Light Mats project. It was a big challenge to bring a shared dream of many LowLight owners of reproducing the rubber mats for those early cars, specially the big bulkhead mat. It took me a lot more time, effort and cost from what I initially planned, to be able to reproduce those mats consistently. Fortunately, I succeed and I had been making them. Many customers had receive them and are very happy.

At the end of last year, I decided to start a campaign to be able to manufacture the 4 floor rubber mats for later Karmann Ghias. As I now have the know-how, the production will start as soon as the molds are ready.

Before committing, I requested for people to manifest their interest. I got responses from over 30 people at this forum, Private Messages and a couple of phone calls. At this time I got orders from only 12 customers. I am planning to start the molds in the next few days. I need funds for this and to buy the materials needed for production. I will extend the Founder Member Coupon until the end of January, please log to the web page www.60skgmats.com to become a member and get your coupon. If there is a great response from the Karmann Ghia community, i will consider making other production runs. Otherwise I will get all the materials for the orders placed, and this may be the only chance to get the rubber mats.

I, as many of you, love Karmann Ghias. They are part of my life since 1981. Last year, the possibility to make a business making parts for KGs brightened my soul, as I would be doing something for the car I love. What I found so far, is that short production runs are difficult to become profitable. The idea of augmenting my market by offering the later year rubber mats, is still giving me hopes to keep on doing this for YOU!

PLEASE support me and PLACE YOUR ORDERS NOW, for the good of all of us!

Thank you!

Luis
noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Do you have color samples for satin blue? I have a 1962 Sea Blue ghia, I have have the original, but deteriorated mats stashed in my attic if you need a sample. I remember it being a bit lighter than the swatch on your site, but I honestly don't know if my memory is correct. I also remember there being a firewall mat on my 62...
lajs57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

noexit wrote:
Do you have color samples for satin blue? I have a 1962 Sea Blue ghia, I have have the original, but deteriorated mats stashed in my attic if you need a sample. I remember it being a bit lighter than the swatch on your site, but I honestly don't know if my memory is correct. I also remember there being a firewall mat on my 62...

Hello "noexit",

I have been waiting to get an original Satin Blue sample to validate that color! I will really appreciate if you send me a mat, or a piece of it, that shows the color. Please send me a PM and I'll give you my FedEx account number.

Thank you!

Luis
TRS63
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Hi Luis,

My condolences and all my thoughts to you and your family.

I hope that all the others that expressed an interest will ordered. I made it as soon as I saw your message as I am really hoping that these kind of initiatives turns to be succesfull.

Greetings from Germany

Antoine
noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Here's a 5th mat from my 1962 sea blue Ghia. It mirrors the top part of the long passenger side mat. The part where the carpet was stitched on probably has the least weathered blue that I have.

noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

GHIA wrote:

1966 sea blue- lava

That spot behind the pedals are where this firewall mat should go. On my 62, it's sewn to the bulkhead carpet, but I'm not sure how many years have it. My guess is that all years with a long passenger side mat would have this one as well.

I have two driver's side bulkhead mats, one that I'm sending to Louis so he can match the color, and one that is still sewn to the carpet. Hopefully, this often missing mat can be added to your production.

Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

These look great. But where would I find the matching carpet pieces I would need for the inner rocker and firewall?

I like the looks of the set with the sound absorber built in.
noexit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sixties (and early seventies) Karmann Ghia Floor Mats Reply with quote

Anyone who makes a full set of carpet should make this piece. They've just never sewn the mat in because it was never available. The mat was glued in along with the carpet, so if you didn't want to see it in, you don't have to. be

This does not have built in sound deadening.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: