Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring and tar board
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
stick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Wiring and tar board Reply with quote

Working on a 1979 super vert. Replacing the tar board and there are two spots in the fire wall that look like they need to come through the tar board as well. Am I right I’m thinking this?
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring and tar board Reply with quote

stick wrote:
Working on a 1979 super vert. Replacing the tar board and there are two spots in the fire wall that look like they need to come through the tar board as well. Am I right I’m thinking this?
A picture would help; I could guess that you're talking about the passenger side where the wires come through for the FI brain box. I replaced that sticky brittle linoleum-like stuff and the really heavy fibrous stuff with some Dynamat and Dynaliner left over from another project, and as the wires were in place I just worked around 'em.
grandpa red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring and tar board Reply with quote

On my 72 the wires went around the ends of the tar board and stainless firewall.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: