Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

Hi folks.

There's a 2007 post here about this but thought I'd start with a new one and try to nail down a shop in Vancouver area.

Recommends and opinions on injector servicing shops in the Vancouver area would be most welcome.

Thanks

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN

Last edited by Vanagon Nut on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
VicVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch Injector Cleaning Servicing in Canada? (Vancouver) Reply with quote

Hi Neil

I'm in Victoria. I've sent my injectors to a shop in Nanaimo. I recall they were cheaper than the ones I had found in Vancouver. Good service.
I don't recall the names, but I found them on Internet, so you should be able to find them too ! If not, let me know and I'll dig through the archives.
Xerox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch Injector Cleaning Servicing in Canada? (Vancouver) Reply with quote

I’m looking for a place in Calgary or does mail order.
Mr Injector in Idaho sounds great, but doesn’t mail to Canada
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bosch Injector Cleaning Servicing in Canada? (Vancouver) Reply with quote

Thanks Vicvan.

Xerox: yes. I'd considered mr injector but saw that he doesn't ship to Canada. And good point on shipping. Subject amended.

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
Farfromslow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

I send mine to Marren fuel injection in CT USA and have been very pleased not sure if they ship to Canada though
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

Hi again if you don’t find something in Canada in a few days I will get you the company that did mine. John
coqcitywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

I am in the lower mainland and make regular trips across the border to pick up parts for a few vehicles, so used Witchhunter in Washington (Duvall) through their mail order system https://www.witchhunter.com/ . $22 per injector and $10 return mail service (to/from Blaine). VERY happy with results. PM for more details.

Last edited by coqcitywesty on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Mike Robinson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

These are the diesel people in Nanaimo http://www.actioninjection.com

I would ask Clynt at Bavaria who he would recommend. He will be right.

http://importautorepair.ca

M
finboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Bosch Injector Cleaning Servicing in Canada? (Vancouver) Reply with quote

Xerox wrote:
I’m looking for a place in Calgary or does mail order.
Mr Injector in Idaho sounds great, but doesn’t mail to Canada

Performance fuel injection out of high river does a good job, check him out on Instagram, he rebuild a really gross set of vanagon injectors recently
dkoesyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

I use a local business, Dr. Injector.

Id be happy to help out if you need a source! I've used him a few different times. He even gives a "print out" of before and after, level of detail on the "print out" varies on the tech whos servicing.
VicVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

Mike Robinson wrote:
These are the diesel people in Nanaimo http://www.actioninjection.com

These are the guys I used. Would recommend.
syncrodemaya
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

Good timing on this post, I actually just had my injectors tested at this place last week:

NW Fuel Injection Service Ltd.
-Injection Pump and Injector Rebuilding & Testing-
https://nwfuel.ca/

They're located in Surrey.

I might have them rebuild my injectors...turns out they are in very bad shape and require new nozzles.

What kind of engine is it for?
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

syncrodemaya wrote:
Good timing on this post, I actually just had my injectors tested at this place last week:

NW Fuel Injection Service Ltd.
-Injection Pump and Injector Rebuilding & Testing-
https://nwfuel.ca/

They're located in Surrey.

I might have them rebuild my injectors...turns out they are in very bad shape and require new nozzles.

What kind of engine is it for?

Thanks syncrodemaya

My request was regarding a 4 cylinder gas engine. Mk3 Jetta/Golf 2.0 ABA code. It's in my daily driver Westy. If I ever find my 4th spare injector I'll have a set to send out. Wink

As an aside, this company in the US has rebuilt injectors but I can't find user feed back here and the shipping costs are kind of high to Canada.

https://precisionautoinjectors.com/collections/volkswagen-injectors

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

Hi Niel my injectors were done by uscarburetors and were purchased from eBay. They came with the test results as a matched set. This work must be available in Canada. John
Howesight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

I have used these folks in Port Coquitlam (previously in Port Moody) for a number of injector cleanings for a variety of vehicles over the years. Excellent service and a good result every time with the industry-standard before and after report:

http://www.canadiancarburetor.com/
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

John: thanks for that info. I'm sure there's something like that in Canada.

Homesight: thanks. Good to get a recommend for a GVRD based company. I'll get in touch with them when I source another spare injector to make a set of 4 to send in.

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
82westyrabbit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

Hi Niel. Uscarburetors did not require a core they just shipped me four rebuilt injectors. They requested a core after the fact but said don’t send them in until you are sure the injectors fixed you problem. I am not trying to say that they are the best in the business but I felt they treated me right and I was happy with the product. I am sure this service is also available in Canada. Despite the fact I have been to most of the Canadian provinces I have never needed to get car parts up there. John
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

For those in the lower mainland (Vancouver BC, surrounding areas) looking for injector servicing.....

For a Bosch top feed injector (ABA engine, WBX injectors are similar), quotes from NW Fuel Injection, Fred Holmes, Canadian Carburetor, not including hardware:

~ $32-45 CND

Where applicable, O rings, basket, pintle cap are extra. NW Injector came in at the lowest price of ~ $40 CND though I'm not certain that includes a pintle cap.

The highest price per injector including O ring, pintle cap (tip), basket: ~ $66 CND ea.

I have no idea if hardware prices vary with quality.

If one is picking up parts in US anyways, the likes of Witchhunter might provide a good savings. Regardless of my choice, I may be shipping off 8 injectors so shipping to US may provide a significant savings.

https://www.witchhunter.com/injectorserv1.php

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
Xerox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

I tried to get a hold of Performance Fuel Injection in High River in January via performanceFI[at]yahoo[dot]ca and didn't get any response. I tried again yesterday and still no response. Is this the best way to get a hold of them? or does anyone have a alternate method?? I will update if/when I hear anything.

Else, I might be sending/receiving my fuel injectors to Mr Injector from/to Hawaii next winter...
Xerox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Injector Cleaning Service in Canada? (Vancouver?) Or Mail order? Reply with quote

Finally got a response from Performance Fuel Injection.

"Yes, I can clean, and flow test your Westfalia injectors. The cost for that service is $25/injector, and includes new internal filter baskets.
If you require new pintle caps, nozzle seals, body insulators, fuel line and hose clamps, the service is $45/injector."

Personally, I think this is a bit pricey so I'm going to wait until I'm in the US and mail mine to Mr. Injector.

FYI, Performance Fuel Injection is located in High River, Alberta (a small town just south of Calgary).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: