Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'86 GTI markers and turn signal
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
boroko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: '86 GTI markers and turn signal Reply with quote

Hi all,
Usually I'm on the Vanagon side of theSamba, but I have a newly acquired '86 GTI that is set up for Stage Rally. Unfortunately, in its previous life, it went for a "walk" in the woods and needs both side markers and the driver's side turn signal. Trying to get it back on stages, and working lights are a necessity.

Now before you say check the classifieds, I have. Randomly found a few, but they are only listed by part number and not model. I no longer have ETKA and the search doesn't even show the ones that I found manually.
I may be mistaken, but I think the turn signals are the same left and right.

If possible, I need the lamp holder and a bit of wiring too. Don't need to be perfect, just solid and functional. There a few on Eb, but not with wiring.

If someone has some of these around, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
bo
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: '86 GTI markers and turn signal Reply with quote

Turn signal part# 176 953 041. Left & right are the same.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=490494

Partsplace is your best bet for having them in stock.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
boroko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: '86 GTI markers and turn signal Reply with quote

Thank you. That helps.
mk13nb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: '86 GTI markers and turn signal Reply with quote

Sorry, no parts. Here's some additional part numbers that may help the search.

176 945 071 Left Side Marker.
176 945 072 Right Side Marker.
176 972 099 Socket for Side Marker Bulb.
176 972 097 harness for turn signal.
boroko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: '86 GTI markers and turn signal Reply with quote

mk13nb, thanks.
Managed to find the lenses, and now just need to come up with sockets. I'm sure I can find something that will work.

bo
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: