Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Keeping the mud off
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeepsterryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Keeping the mud off Reply with quote

After months of work we just took my son's baja out last night. It was awesome. We were only out for about 40 minutes. We're going to take it out all day on Saturday. But, after last night, I had a few questions.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

When you run a baja off road (mud, sand, etc.) the dirt gets everywhere. With the side beam, the fenders don't cover the tires. It makes for a ton of fun, however, I just want to make sure that I don't learn the hard way that I should have covered something up. For example, I noticed that a bunch of mud got in and around the generator. I know that can't be good.

1. What are the general precautions you take to keep mud, dirt, and water out of places it should not go?

2. Are there any common problem areas I need to focus on before we go out this weekend. I just don't want to find out that I don't know what I don't know when we're 2 hours away from home in the middle of nowhere Very Happy
weasel_ugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Keeping the mud off Reply with quote

Right behind the front wheel wells where the heater tubes use to come up for the defroster are open on yours. If the heater channel opening wasnt capped it will funnel water and mud into the heater channel. On my car it would then fill the car with water Smile. Also will rust eventually.
dirtkeeper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Keeping the mud off Reply with quote

Nice job get in that thing dirty looks like some one was having fun. I like having a dust cap inside the distributor
outer wears on air filters shield some mud. Other wise there’s not much you can do about it . I think it comes down to hosing down soon after you trash it. That’s way when you have to fix it it’s not dried out mud everywhere.
Vanillagurilla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Keeping the mud off Reply with quote

I stay out of the mud lol hate cleaning that's stuff up. I would also pressure wash the cylinders and heads, mud can cake in there and cause overheating issues.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: