Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Overton's Resto in GA
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Overton's Resto in GA Reply with quote

Just got back today from picking my 66 bug up at Overton's Resto....
Nothing but good praises to say about Charles the owner of Overton's..
If you looking to get your vw restored or even a motor rebuilt stock to full custom Overton's is the place to go..
He does excellent work and goes the extra mile to make your car look really good... Its like he's working on his own car..Very friendly service as well.
So next time you looking for a shop to work on your vw; look no more
take it to Overton's Resto. www.OvertonsResto.com
Copper Jewel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing I have to agree with the previous post 100%. Charles Overton does fantastic work. If it is a daily driver or a show car, he gives it his best. When we were restoring "Copper Jewel" he was never too busy to help us out with our questions. Believe me folks,we had lots of them!!!! His work has been featured in Hot VW's and that other magazine. I have been to several shows where the top winners were all Overtons work. Charles is one of the "TRUE" VW people every day. Now that Overtons is becoming Rusty Restos I am extra happy. He will only be 1/2 miles from my front door. No more 45 minute drive to get quality parts!!! I too highly recommend Charles Overton to all of you for your restoration needs. You will not be disappointed!!

www.volksfolks.org

"Copper Jewel" may be gone from my garage, but will always be in my heart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Charles' work is impeccable, and has graced many a magazine feature. Good to hear he has moved to a larger location, as with him working from his garage he was always swamped with cars, and had nowhere to store them. For any of you min the Southeast region, Charles is da MAN. I believe you can find him now at <www.rustyrestos.com>

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
RalphWiggam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Overton's Resto in GA Reply with quote

Just wanted to post a link to the issues I had with this shop.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=725658

Take it for what you will, but I would not recommend this shop.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Overton's Resto in GA Reply with quote

I normally don't get into these "He said, She said" deals, but on this one, I am going to.
I've known Charles Overton for longer than either one of us would care to admit ( something over 20 years), and have photographed his, and customer's cars, when I worked for both VW Trends (yes, that long ago) and Hot VWs..NEVER did I find a detail left unattended to, all the t's were crossed, and the i's dotted, and he will make it as perfect as your pocketbook will allow. We, unfortunately, had a minor fallout some years ago about a VW club we were both in, but we are still friends, and speak via Face Crook somewhat often. I simply cannot imagine Charles doing anything less than the best, I know him, and if you want a half-assed job, he will flat tell you to take it somewhere else.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: