Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche shroud options
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

I have seen a few folks in my area fitted the Bergmann 911 shrouds, though no failures of any sort yet, personally not impressed with the overall fitment of the kit, especially the bits that come with it.

Apart from CSP and Bergmann, are there any other "better" options out there?

ps: yes I am aware of the debate between the stock doghouse and Porsche shrouds in a Type 1, but this is solely for aesthetics.
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

I have an older Bergmann kit that I bought second hand, aside from the POs hacked fitment job and me having to repair a bunch of fiberglass, the parts I received fit very well. Lots of how something is fit has to do with the installer, I know guys that could fk up lego.

brad
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

The CSP, which is really the MSS system, is the best system of its kind on the market. The air distribution is very good and the fan is designed so it meters and delivers the air much better than the older Porsche fan systems. If you want a Porsche style fan set up on your type 1 & 4 this is the way to go.

T
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

nice. thanks guys. will check up the CSP.
Steve Arndt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

http://kaefer.motor-sport-service.de/html/kuhlsysteme.html
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

I know on many Porsche fanhousings used on T-4's use external Oil Coolers.

The only one I know that does not is made by Sharpbuilt, in Australia. THe oil cooler is in the same stock position. I do not know if that true with with a T-1 engine.

I don't like external Coolers.
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

Remmele
nextgen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

Remmele OK he looks like T4 only? Does he do "No external fan housing" on a porsche fan housing for a T1 ??
LETS TALK DUBS https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=joe+cali+ghia https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/ep-200-joe-cali-ty...qI3xJTCzjs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

How about a Porsche 911 fan on a 4 cylinder Porsche engine?

http://www.polomotor.com/

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

nextgen wrote:
Remmele OK he looks like T4 only? Does he do "No external fan housing" on a porsche fan housing for a T1 ??

I don’t think so. I was just stating that Remmele has a T1 shroud.
andy198712
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
The CSP, which is really the MSS system, is the best system of its kind on the market. The air distribution is very good and the fan is designed so it meters and delivers the air much better than the older Porsche fan systems. If you want a Porsche style fan set up on your type 1 & 4 this is the way to go.

T

do you have to use their fan though?

i have a genuine porsche fan cut down, and a no name shroud from the EU, fit isn't great on it though! i could mod it i guess.
it tried to lift a little when the fan picks up speed so need to make a hold down for it
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

Yes, or it will not work. The new fan housing shape is part of what makes it work so much better than earlier systems
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
itHaKa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

i have a type 1 engine, i tried Sharpbuilt from australia and currently using the GWD from germany
GWD ( Gerd Weiser Dusselforf) is best with great fitment, it also allows you to use standard rear tins
i prefer GWD over MSS as my GWD works with a stock porsche 911 fan/housing 270mm , and the MSS is all custom housing/alternator 260mm.

problem is that is very expensive
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

the berger man is shit with out some work. but it will work as is...could work a lot better with work, not hard to do. the old ones Ive seen I think autocraft were better for cooling good. the bergerman dosnt force the air where it needs to be forced, just the out side the cylinder fins.not realy forced down any where else just front&back, the motor I reworked had real pretty purple cylinders.....they were effing hot!!! think of it this way. if you are in a 20x20 foot room on one side. the box fan is on the other 15' away and the window is on the other wall...how well do you think that fan will cool you down...now get closer tto the fan.. all the air is flowing towards toe outlet...but the rest needs cooling too...but isant getting it. just blowing air in the box/room dosent do a lot but if it is channeled to the parts that need it...it works great... I made fiber galss "tins" and installed on the engine then glassed them to the shroud for good flow to everywhere the typ 1 needs. very easely done.
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

itHaKa wrote:
i have a type 1 engine, i tried Sharpbuilt from australia and currently using the GWD from germany
GWD ( Gerd Weiser Dusselforf) is best with great fitment, it also allows you to use standard rear tins
i prefer GWD over MSS as my GWD works with a stock porsche 911 fan/housing 270mm , and the MSS is all custom housing/alternator 260mm.

problem is that is very expensive

I disagree to an extend. The GWD is OK if/when you use SF or Eliminator heads. With stock type heads the larger fan moves too much air and actually becomes inefficient and roobs a lot of power (up to 20 hp) The Mss moves a little less air and directs it better. Yes it takes some fabrication to seal the engine compartement, but I´ll take that for the better efficiency with VW type heads.

T
andy198712
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche shroud options Reply with quote

Alstrup wrote:
Yes, or it will not work. The new fan housing shape is part of what makes it work so much better than earlier systems

ah i see, and you can't cut a real porsche fan ring that small either.... smart bit of marketing there Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: