Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate #
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mleighto
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate # Reply with quote

I'm looking to try and find my original VW my mom sold when I went away to college. I have the year and what the plate number what when we owned it but not the VIN what's the best way to find the car now?

Thanks for the help.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate # Reply with quote

Do you intend to try to buy it?
Although with luck and money, a PI might be able to find it for you, what then?
Unless you have cash in hand, and lots of it, the current owner may well give you a rather cold response.
Mos6502
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate # Reply with quote

Got any photos? You may as well just post them here and ask. It's not going to do any harm.
TheDon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate # Reply with quote

its either rotting away in someones back yard or has been made into a can for beans 4 times over now

sorry, hard truths
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate # Reply with quote

I don't know how it works where you live but here in Alberta a licence plate is not normally transferrable between owners so the plate stays with the owner that bought it and goes on his next car.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate # Reply with quote

mleighto wrote:
I'm looking to try and find my original VW my mom sold when I went away to college. I have the year and what the plate number what when we owned it but not the VIN what's the best way to find the car now?

Thanks for the help.

So little info,,,no pictures,,,no VIN....no way!
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate # Reply with quote

mleighto wrote:

Thanks for the help.

Plates stay with the car in California, unless an owner changes them for whatever reason.
Help us by giving us more details about the Bug.
Year
Color
Last known location
Any specific modifications that would make it easier to spot.
Unless someone wrecked it, or fucked it, Bugs last a long time here in low rust California.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
grandpa red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding My 1st Car with only my old plate # Reply with quote

Do you know any police officers?
Have them run the plate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: