Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

Atlantic wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Seriously stunning. The clothing choice for the shot was intentional, right?
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

Yo this is so sick that would be a good spot to smoke a stick with the fellas!

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

Gorgeous!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

That is gorgeous! If I had that, I'd have to take up smoking! Nice work. Any idea how much the trailer with interior installed weights? How does it tow behind a Bus?

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

Atlantic wrote:
I am not sure what I am going to do with it. I found a card for Gaby's Asparagus in it and contacted the person. The trailer has been in her family from the beginning in 1955. It was originally used to sell cigars at markets and fairs around Würzburg. I am waiting for more info, hopefully pictures from her ... we'll see.

interesting. If that is who i think that is, then i have family living like 3 miles from there. very cool. we are a wine region, and also a white asparagus region. Beautiful area of the country and tons of good food.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

Did someone say Westfalia Salesflap?
Yeah, I need that.
Thanks again, Dirk!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

He sold it to you or it was yours all along?

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Dirk sold it to me last weekend. I contacted him about buying it the day this thread was started. When he decided to sell, he contacted me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

So sick I'm jealous. Applause Applause Applause

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Dirk sold it to me last weekend. I contacted him about buying it the day this thread was started. When he decided to sell, he contacted me.

Nice purchase brother Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Dirk sold it to me last weekend.

Will you slam it?
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
mr. warehouse wrote:
notchboy wrote:
Dirk sold it to me last weekend.

Will you slam it?

Why would I do that?
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:
Yeah, I need that.
Thanks again, Dirk!

Are you planning to respray the trailer to match the bus or will you leave it as-is? I like it either way...

I love the Westy trailers! I'd be sorely tempted to pick one up if the opportunity ever comes up... I think I'd get in trouble, but it'd be worth it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

Thompson2 wrote:
mr. warehouse wrote:
Yeah, I need that.
Thanks again, Dirk!

Are you planning to respray the trailer to match the bus or will you leave it as-is? I like it either way...

I love the Westy trailers! I'd be sorely tempted to pick one up if the opportunity ever comes up... I think I'd get in trouble, but it'd be worth it!

It will definitely get painted to match the bus. However, I'm not sure which bus. Maybe a neutral color that will work with any of them. I'm not sure just yet. The current color/logos aren't original, so no harm no foul there.
Thompson2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:

It will definitely get painted to match the bus. However, I'm not sure which bus.

No need to be a dick and rub it in that you've got multiple sweet rides! Laughing

mr. warehouse wrote:

Maybe a neutral color that will work with any of them. I'm not sure just yet. The current color/logos aren't original, so no harm no foul there.

I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself thinking about it. Let me know where you are and I'll just swing by and remove the problem for you. Besides, it'll look better two-tone to match my bus (eventually anyway). Very Happy I'm glad you're not killing any OG stuff...
Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Westfalia Sales Flap Trailer for the Bus Reply with quote

"Yo dawg I heard you like sales flaps, so we put a sales flap on your sales flap so you can flap some sales"
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: