Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you like more Podcasts or Videos
Podcasts
54%
 54%  [ 31 ]
YouTube Videos
45%
 45%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 57

visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Stumbled across this podcast and it's great.

I really appreciate being able to learn from folks that are super experienced - the Type 34 episode in particular was super interesting.

Bill - keep up the hard work, it's appreciated.

<-- Helga, she slammed her dub in '53 and adjusted valves with her teeth
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

I wanted to just call out what a great resource this podcast is and mention some of my favorite episodes.

I've gotten caught up and have just learned a TON, so much more than just reading thesamba. This format allows for very deep and detailed conversations.

Ep.5 VW Builder & Artist Chris Clark
This guy is super talented - love how he draws these VWs like the 3 door beetle and triple cab and brings them to life.

Ep.7 Type 34 Ghia expert Lee Hedges
They go super deep into the type 34. Lee has helped organize info around these rare VWs

Ep.14 Bill & George talk Type 4 Vs Type 1
I've always thought of Type 4 engines as just problematic, Bill makes a great argument to go Type 4 over a Type 1.

Ep 18 Burly Burlile VW land Speed Historian
All about how to race your VW on the salt flats.

Ep. 21 Pete Skiba Airkewld
Bill talks to lots of entrepreneurs that build great products to meet a demand, Airkewld is a great example. I had no idea their products were shipped all over the world

Ep. 22 Jeremy Brooks Patina Cover Car & Bug Safari Builder
I'll admit, I ordered a safari kit for my '67 beetle after this one.

EP. 30 Chris Vallone Classic VW Bugs Restoration shop
Chris has a ton of youtube videos and it was great to hear his story. This is a great episode for the purists out there.

Ep. 31 The New VW Bus body from Classic Steel Body
I was super skeptical, but anyone should listen to this that wants to learn more about how you can buy a brand new bus body to build.

EP 34 Scott Kelley Veteran VW Dragracer part 1
Ok, vw drag racing is bad ass - I had no idea. I thought this would be boring but I've loved learning about the history of racing and how the cal look scene came about

Ep 39 Mohr Performances Joel Mohr
Fantastic episode. Joel explains so much about motors....I especially love that story of the girl that ran 50k miles on her engine and never went faster than 65 mph because Joel did tests that showed the engine didn’t get as much airflow at that speed. Joel bought the car and tore down the motor and he said all of the internals could be reused, even the bearings.

EP 47 Matt Whitesell 914 Rubber
Loved both episodes on 914s, one on V8 conversions and this one on creating aftermarket parts.

I hope others check this podcast out. Here's the link http://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/

And Bill keep up the great work.

Last edited by visibleink on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback!

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Matt_NC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

I am so glad I came across this podcast!

My Beetle had been sitting in the garage, almost done, for a few months because I was burnt out from working on it. Let's Talk Dubs got me psyched to work on it again. I buttoned it up and have been driving it hard!

Thanks Bill T for what you are doing for all of us.
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Thanks! We are now up to episode 57

https://letstalkdubs.libsyn.com/

Glad to help get you back out to the garage!!

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Link

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Keep up the great work Bill T - podcast has been great. Really enjoyed learning more about Mofoco and those heads they make.

jpaull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

This has been the funnest bunch of podcasts!

On the Type 1 vs Type 4, I'm curious why you were mentioning such high type 1 prices when comparing to the Type 4? (Other then the fact that we all know you want your team type 4 to win? Laughing ) CB Panchitos are the some of the best Type 1 heads for buses with their flow through design and they are only $700. I mention this just because I kept hearing you guys mention you need to spend $1500 for wedgeports??? Those are not flow through design(no flow under intake flange), which are poor choices for buses (just keeping with your conversation as you compare these alot to your rides).

For turnkeys, To plug your other Podcast premier engine builder Pat Downs, I have to say his mild 2276cc Turnkey Type 1 with 170HP/176TQ for $8300 would be a great comparison. Cool running heads, only .472 cam lift, mild carbs, etc.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.cbperformance.com/category-s/352.htm

The Episode with Steve Hole was great! The history of Bugformance and all thats involved in the shows, the evolultion of parts sales, really enjoyed that one too! That guy has the best attitude, he can make anything sound. If the world was gonna end tommorow, he would find a way to make the best of it.

Thank you again for all of these!
[email protected] MPH 1/4 Mile & 8.1 @ 83.7MPH in 1/8 Mile with Mild Type 1 VW Mag Case 2234cc commuter engine in stock weight bug w/only .491 total lift(CB2292 Cam), 42x37 heads, 48idf's, Street tires, Belt on, Mufflers, Pump gas, video of the run here: https://youtu.be/M3SPqMOKAOg

Transmission by MCMScott:
Rhino case, Klinkenberg 4.12, Superdiff, 002 mainshaft with 091 first idler. Weddle 1.48 Third & 1.14 Fourth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Splitdog
Samba Split Personality

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Like Steve did with The Classic?

Z = z² + C

Der Blitzkrieg Kafers

#notacallooker
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Link

New Video
dont forget to check our youtube channel & Subscribe

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Link

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
DanLeadbetter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Bumping for relevance (and because I'm on the podcast). Really glad to be a part of this group. Thanks Bill, it was a lot of fun taking an air-cooled trip down memory lane! Should anyone want to hear my melodic voice:

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/16244153
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Listening to it right now...I knew some of it, but the first writing job was Pile Of The Month, that I didn't know..

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Dan, GREAT job...funny that I hear you echoing some of my sentiments about the VW Magazine world, when Bill interviewed me...

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Link

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Link

If you haven been you must go its a rear show & I grabbed a bunch of podcasts too.

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Top work, Bill. I’ve listened to a few during car journeys.
Lind, Salesmen Don, Rikki James, RestoJohnny…keep them coming!
Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Link

Corvair powered Notch Back

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
visibleink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Listened to latest episode - great stuff Bill.

Surprised Everett has not been on the podcast. Come on Everett - folks would love to hear the story of your dog Samba and how the site took off.

Bill T234
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: VW podcast. Let’s Talk Dubs Reply with quote

Yes! Everett everyone would like to hear it

Thanks for listening

New video of the beetle barn bus on the trails at Moab.

DBK Las Vegas
www.Letstalkdubs.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: