Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Where can i find a front hood for Manx style tub.
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Where can i find a front hood for Manx style tub. Reply with quote

Hi All,

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The idiot original builder cut this one way down and added about ten inches in length. Will require major reconstruction to make it work. If anyone out there has an orphan hood around, please let me know. I'm on a time as well as money budget with this build so ordering new from the manx store is not a favorable option. If anyone can help, that would be awesome. I'm in Peoria AZ.

Thanks!
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can i find a front hood for Manx style tub. Reply with quote

This guy has a couple cheap

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/pts/d/escondido-dune-buggy-front-hoods/6779325133.html
rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can i find a front hood for Manx style tub. Reply with quote

BL3Manx, thanks for the heads up. I called on the ad and he has a hood that looks like it will fit. Price is right and though it's a loooong drive, I would have about that much time in my current hood and it wouldn't look as good.
rbucklin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can i find a front hood for Manx style tub. Reply with quote

Well, 12 hours start to finish, easy drive across the 8 though. Straight shot, no traffic. The red hood was gone, a guy beat me to it, but the was a third that was on a body still (the body was busted in half on the drivers side) Decent hood, a few cracks but manageable even with my limited glass skills. Got home and test fit, fits right in. With a little massaging it will be as good as this thing is ever likely to look.

Thanks again for the heads up.
BL3Manx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Where can i find a front hood for Manx style tub. Reply with quote

Very glad to hear you got it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: